Serial MFP Starters

Options

Replies

• sugarstrawberries
    sugarstrawberries Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've had this account since 2011. I've stopped and started this "lifestyle change" about six times since.
  • patrick_star_trek
    patrick_star_trek Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I love cereal.

I like the Wizard of Oz

What does that have to do with the question I asked on my post?

About as much as me liking cereal does.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    I have left a few times. I usually leave when life gets to be too much and I need to unplug. I don't just unplug from here, but all social media. I've thought about leaving recently as I wasn't utilizing the site to log. I was using it to cure boredom as the forums is a guilty pleasure of mine..but I've started logging again so I'm staying. I have a goal to reach and more drama to watch unfold :D
  • patrick_star_trek
    patrick_star_trek Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    I have left a few times. I usually leave when life gets to be too much and I need to unplug. I don't just unplug from here, but all social media. I've thought about leaving recently as I wasn't utilizing the site to log. I was using it to cure boredom as the forums is a guilty pleasure of mine..but I've started logging again so I'm staying. I have a goal to reach and more drama to watch unfold :D

Those are dark days for the rest of us.
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    @lyssamichelle Good for you that you always come back! It sounds like you hit the pause button for a while when you need a break, and then come back. Good idea! Cool about how many social media platforms you have about weight loss/fitness!

My pause button usually involves a lot of unhealthy choices lol.
    Yeah, I'm on here.. Tumblr.. and Instagram. It's helping keep my head in the game. I don't have many followers but making sure I post is keeping me motivated. I do keep forgetting to post my food pics though. I'll do two and forget one. Or I forget to post my log. I just make sure I post at least one thing a day though!
  • Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    When I found out my MFP fiancée had a wife and several MFP mistresses I lost it and rage quit. I use this account to watch his interactions in the forums <3 oh and sometimes I use it to log calories.. workin on my revenge bod!

I hope he's miserable!!
  • GlucoseKitten23
    GlucoseKitten23 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    xxJAFLxx wrote: »
    When I found out my MFP fiancée had a wife and several MFP mistresses I lost it and rage quit. I use this account to watch his interactions in the forums <3 oh and sometimes I use it to log calories.. workin on my revenge bod!

I hope he's miserable!!

When I flirt with him on kik using my catfish account he seems pretty happy :'(
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    YES!!

So I would get mad at seeing a "whatever # of days streak" and not having achieved whatever goal I had set for myself so I'd delete and make a new account.

Fresh start, like you said.

The only difference this time for me is that I found the forums and started participating and I figured I should leave my identity the same.

I'm ok with my failure more so now...it's kinda like I stopped lying to myself in a way.

Oh, this makes so much sense now. You're better than Vikka_IV, but I hope we don't see a Vikka_VI.

What a great idea! I love it! You'll always know it's me!

Since I found the forums tho I don't think I will ever quit, I like it too much!

Even if I suck at achieving my meager goals....lets face reality, I'll be working on myself for the rest of my life!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I disappear every now and then. Because of stress at work or vacations or lack of interest, but I don't delete my membership. Just come back when I feel like it. The longer I stay around MFP, the more I realize how redundant some of the forums are and how they keep returning under another title or because of new members. Just seems less and less to respond to. Though I still troll now and then, I just don't respond as much. Plus, I'm 63, no one gives a shlt what some old man has to say anyways.
  • ArmyMedic23PFA
    ArmyMedic23PFA Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Think lm here for my sixth time
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I disappear every now and then. Because of stress at work or vacations or lack of interest, but I don't delete my membership. Just come back when I feel like it. The longer I stay around MFP, the more I realize how redundant some of the forums are and how they keep returning under another title or because of new members. Just seems less and less to respond to. Though I still troll now and then, I just don't respond as much. Plus, I'm 63, no one gives a shlt what some old man has to say anyways.

That's a good idea and I've noticed the same thing. But in your defense, I've found your posts to be insightful and/or humorous. You guys truly are "The greatest generation"... :p
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options

That's a good idea and I've noticed the same thing. But in your defense, I've found your posts to be insightful and/or humorous. You guys truly are "The greatest generation"... :p

Too bad you are the only one that has ever recognized my greatness. I'm a legend in my own mind.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I don't get rage quitting at all. Like just don't visit the forums untill you calm down.

What do you do face to face in person when you are mad?

I do find it amusing when they come right back tho.

Im starting to recognize the personalities and it's fun to try to figure out if I "know" them!
  • Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Too bad you are the only one that has ever recognized my greatness. I'm a legend in my own mind.

I've seen you many times in the last 5 years and I have always enjoyed reading your posts. MFP has a lot of people who are smart, witty, funny and real. You are one of them. Age has no bearing!
  • _thisnameischosen_
    _thisnameischosen_ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I don't get rage quitting at all. Like just don't visit the forums untill you calm down.

What do you do face to face in person when you are mad?

I do find it amusing when they come right back tho.

Im starting to recognize the personalities and it's fun to try to figure out if I "know" them!

When I did it it wasn't just mfp and it wasn't anything at all to do with the forums. I'd gotten sick of all "social media" and internet life in general. It wasn't until a few days later I was like "yeah I actually needed mfp to log.." and I felt bad for leaving without saying bye to some people so I came back.. literally within a matter of days. It was pretty stupid :D If I feel the same in the future I'll just uninstall the app for a while then come back when I feel like it. Makes more sense and it was a hassle having to make a new account and add everyone back for no real reason. :unamused:

Also, alcohol might have played a tiny little part in my tantrum.. :#:D

There's a few users who keep making new accounts but have pictures of themselves as their pp so they can't be "hiding". I've never really understood that because I always found it such a hassle to make a new account. But I guess they just felt like a fesh start like some have already said in this thread. Seems like a waste of time and email addresses to me though.