Again...

Options
I keep getting caught in these cycles of motivated self and then saying it's been this long and you havent, so why is now different. I'm really not sure what to do or how to break this... just really starting to doubt myself. And I don't know why

Replies

• gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    My fitbit helps keep me motivated. Maybe try a fitness tracker. =)
  • badgerpam22
    badgerpam22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    gerard54 wrote: »
    My fitbit helps keep me motivated. Maybe try a fitness tracker. =)

I have a fit bit!!I love it. But idont have too many friends on fit bit :( sadly. Haha. So sometimes I forget it's utility
  • Mads7878
    Mads7878 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think thus is my 3rd go at calorie counting. Its working this rime. Add me if you to chic mads
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    v759rgsyjzu6.png

Perhaps changing your way of thinking might help you refocus.
    This is a lifelong commitment.
    While you will face daily challenges, you will need to find a way to just keep going.
    You stumble. You start afresh tomorrow.

Research new recipes, try new foods, find new ways to challenge your workouts. Talk to like minded people for support.

It's just one foot in front of the other-
    For as long as it needs to take.
    Then staying healthy and well, each day after.

Good luck
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    One: @badgerpam22 - Badger Fan by chance?

Two: sometimes it's just simpler to take things day by day, then week by week. I used to get caught up in planning long range, stumbling, then throwing my hands up. Take it one day at a time. Make small changes as needed , find your groove, make your groove consistent. It's much easier to start small and build than try and build big, early, with no established foundation.
  • teamregs
    teamregs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster above I find the one day at a time method most effective. Some days are hard and some days are a walk in the park, but for me it's more about an understanding that this is a complete change of lifestyle and that it's gonna take time and there will be speed bumps or hurdles along the way. Feel free to add if you want a chat buddy/motivation friend.
  • take2spicy
    take2spicy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I concentrate on discipline & not motivation. Sometimes I'm really motivated & this is round two for me so I have faltered before. I learned my motivation isn't always going to keep me going. Sometimes I just don't have it. That's when discipline kicks in. Discipline & habit keeps me going.
  • badgerpam22
    Options
    One: @badgerpam22 - Badger Fan by chance?

Two: sometimes it's just simpler to take things day by day, then week by week. I used to get caught up in planning long range, stumbling, then throwing my hands up. Take it one day at a time. Make small changes as needed , find your groove, make your groove consistent. It's much easier to start small and build than try and build big, early, with no established foundation.

Yes, I am a badger fan, no chance about it. Just a smart decision
  • badgerpam22
    Options
    THank you everyone really