Vitamin d3.

Options
Are there any members who take vitamin d3 just because of where they live or because they dont get much sun. Not just because blood tests came back and you were low.
And if so how much do you take.

Thanks

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I take it for half your reasons, I'm not deficient but I have low bone density plus live in Northern England where we get very little sun.

I take 3000 iu a day.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    My doctor suggested that I take it in the winter due to climate. I take whatever the dosage is on the bottle, I'd have to check.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I have been consistently low, had to have a couple rounds of prescription and now I take it regularly. I will get my blood work done again next month to see if it's maintained.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I take it. I discussed it with my doctor and she said not to take more than 1000 iu daily since I didn't have a deficiency. So, that's what I take. On days I'll be out in the sun a lot I skip it.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    My daily multivitamin contains vitD.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,044 Member
    Options
    I take 1000iu daily, I live in the NW area of the U.S.

It helps a lot.
  • dieorloseit
    dieorloseit Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Did anyone notice any difference in their body when they started taking vit d3.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

I did not. I started it when I started showing signs of menopause to help protect my bones.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,044 Member
    Options

It helped a lot for my moods and energy level. I used to be couch-bound for most of the long gray winter.
  • browneyes1520
    browneyes1520 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I take 4000 iu every day and have noticed since I started doing that 1)I'm no longer deficient, 2) I feel better mentally and 3) I am able to run without getting shin pain/shin splints, whereas prior to taking vitamin d supplement I would get about a month of running in before I'd have to stop because my shins were sooo painful and I felt down all the time. It only took a supplement of 2000 iu to make me no longer deficient but 4000 iu, like I said, has helped my bones and my mood.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    "They" say the northern latitudes (all of Canada) should take a supplement of it. I dunno what the right number is.