Cooked brocolli
Cooked brussels sprouts
Cooked potatoes.

Thanks

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I admit, I cooked chicken thighs last Sunday (not the one just gone, the one before) and finished the last one yesterday. I'm still alive.

• RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I would say 3-4 days for most of those foods.

If in doubt, throw it out. I had food poisoning once in my life and nothing is worth going through that hell again.
  • cyclone48
    cyclone48 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Veggies I keep for about a week. Cooked meat is usually 5 days or so. I admit that I don't keep close track, but I pretty much clean out my fridge every weekend before I head to the grocery store.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    For all meats I eat it the next day or straight in to the freezer it goes. Then I don't have to track.

https://www.foodsafety.gov/keep/charts/storagetimes.html
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I'll usually throw meat away after about 5 days, but I've eaten a week old ground turkey and had no issues lol. Veggies like roasted broccoli or brussels sprouts Ive also eaten a week later haha. Most of the time tho I try to eat it within 4 days. I wouldnt eat something thats not cooked well done more than a day later like burgers or steak tho
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    however long it tastes good

I'd say: "However long it looks, smells and/or tastes good" which, for me, can be a very LONG time.
  • ElizabethHanrahan
    ElizabethHanrahan Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I worked in a school kitchen and the "rule" was 1 re-heating of ANYTHING and only keeping anything cooked for 3 days. Here at home, We do a planed "leftover" night 2 times a week and only re-heat once. If it is in the freezer, make sure that you portion so that you only thaw what you can use for that meal. Always throw away anything that has been cooked and thawed, if it has been re-heated once, since the "nasty" bugs can sometimes stick around after freezing.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I'd freeze anything that you won't eat in the next 3 days. Then you're not forcing yourself to eat something just because you don't want to waste it.

And it won't take long to defrost stuff in the microwave so you don't have to let it thaw if you don't want to wait to eat something that you put away.

If you must keep it in the fridge, I'd say 5 days in airtight containers before 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My limit is 5 days or sooner if it starts to smell funky!
    I like to freeze my stuff. For instance, I made meatballs with over 2 pounds of meat and I froze them in individual bags of 2! I microwave them for 2 minutes and they are great!
    I also freeze cooked chicken and green beans in individual bags too! So easy!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I go 5 days for just about everything. Prep on Sunday and eat it all weak. I'm still kicking.