Getting tired of eggs

Options
TheRealBigPapi
TheRealBigPapi Posts: 5 Member
I'm trying to stick to a no to low carb life style. The hardest is breakfast as I am getting tired of eggs...omeletes, sunny side up, scrambled, etc. I have greek yogurt as a snack and trying to avoid too much fruit due to the sugars. Toasts are looking better and better as the days go by... >:) Any ideas to add some variety to my breakfast?

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Eat something else that you like. Think beyond common "breakfast foods". Have a salad or some soup or meatballs. Whatever you like.
  • _NicLovin_
    _NicLovin_ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It takes some prep work, but I've made these cauliflower toasts before and frozen them so I have them on hand from breakfast. http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipes/a50033/cauliflower-toast-recipe/

Top with some heirloom tomato and avocado. Or cream cheese, a little arugala, red onion, smoked salmon and capers.
  • Stormie956
    Stormie956 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I usually have 2 egg whites, half of a corn tortilla and add pico de gallo.
    Migas!
  • Mirelle242
    Mirelle242 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats! Very satisfying
  • asianolikeyou
    asianolikeyou Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    These are a few of my fave breakfast go-to's when I'm sick of eating eggs:
    • Overnight oats w/ blueberries & strawberries
    • Oat flour pancakes w/ a dollop of nonfat Greek yogurt and a shmear of peanut butter
    • Cheese, spinach, and chickpea quesadilla w/ a little pineapple salsa on the side for dipping
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I am a carboholic... but if your looking for something more low-carb, try some nuts, cheese, maybe sliced meats (think of what the french would eat for breakfast) with maybe some olives or cucumbers?

Carbs are your friend though!
  • AmazonSherry
    AmazonSherry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stick to a no to low carb life style. The hardest is breakfast as I am getting tired of eggs...omeletes, sunny side up, scrambled, etc. I have greek yogurt as a snack and trying to avoid too much fruit due to the sugars. Toasts are looking better and better as the days go by... >:) Any ideas to add some variety to my breakfast?

Boiled eggs sliced on salad. Pickled eggs: sounds gross till you try it. Use the "juice" from a can of pickled beets to marinate a peeled, boiled egg for 3 days. This has a sweet pickle taste, a treat, without high carb or high sugar, in a high protein package.
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I used to do keto, but it wasn't sustainable for me! Now I'm just low carb. One of my favorite recipes was this:

http://www.mastercook.com/app/recipe/WebRecipeDetails?recipeId=5079605

Except I used 1/2 cup shredded cheese instead of 1/3 and I mixed it all together and cooked it and didn't do anything different with the cream cheese! I make a batch and freeze them and pop them in the oven for ten min and they are good to go!
  • JEE2015
    JEE2015 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Keto is a tough one. I could never go below 25 grms. For bread, if it is available to you is Mahler's Bakery, "Califonria Lifestyle Flax Protein Bread". It has 80 cals, 9 grm carbs, 4 grms fiber, 1 grm sugar and 9 grms protein per slice and it actually tastes pretty darn good. I lasted three days and I had such a throbbing head from Keto! I stay between 40-60 carbs a day. You could try ham but be careful of the sodium. I would stay away from processed meats, blehck!
  • preshalin
    preshalin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    low/no carb is not sustainable for everyone. I can go 2 weeks and then I'm done.
    You need to do what works for you.

Currently I am eating a balanced diet and much happier this way. I just make sure to keep within my calorie limit and eat decent food.

Breakfast: oats/kellogs special k with cup of milk, sometimes a fruit or eggs and toast with bacon
    Lunch: some form of meat/chicken/fish, veggies and a starch (rice, pasta, potatoes), most important thing with the starch is quantities, don't eat too much.
    Supper: Same as lunch

All I'm saying... A slice of toast wouldn't hurt now and then... But 4 slices at one go might be bad.

Goodluck!
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    When I get tired of eggs. I have 2 lunches instead. Today I had a turkey lettuce wrap for breakfast because egg whites did not sound great to me but tonight I will probably have breakfast because I love breakfast foods.
  • amos41
    amos41 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I make banana pancakes with 1 banana and 1 egg abit of cinnamon and fry served with fruit and agave syrup
  • cainrebeccac9164
    cainrebeccac9164 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love Ezekiel flourless bread. Its super good and is very healthy. Its in the freezer section. Just pop it in the microwave for 30sec and toast it. Really helps my carb fix!
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options