Not meeting calorie goal!

Options
I've been using MFP for about 7 months now. I need to loose close to 80 pounds. I lost 30 in about 4 months then hit a plateau. I wasn't really exercising in the beginning. My calorie goal is 1200. I've never eaten that many since I started using MFP unless I had a cheat day. I've been going to the gym for the last 2 weeks doing 45 minutes of cardio and lifting weights for about 30-40 minutes. The increase in activity has given me more calories but most days I only eat about 1000 calories. Is this bad? I'm using protein shake for breakfast, protein bar after workout, high protein and low carb for lunch and dinner. Is it a bad thing that I'm only consuming 1000-1100 calories a day?

Replies

• DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Generally, 1000 calories is not healthy for anyone who isn't under doctor direction and supervision to do so.

What are your stats? Height, weight, goal weight? Are you logging your exercise in MFP, because you should be eating back exercise calories. How long has it been since you last lost weight, i.e. How long has the plateau lasted?

Are you weighing and logging everything you eat? And I mean everything...
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Well, you're not doing yourself any favors. Women really need a minimum of 1200 calories for proper nutrition. Have some eggs for breakfast, put whole milk in your protein shake, have some peanut butter post-workout. Life's not about eating as few calories as you can manage, but having all the good food that you can fit in your calories.
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I eat a large avocado w/ salsa when my calories are too low for the day. 350 cals and lots of healthy fat w/ fiber too.