Looking to loose around 50lb

Options
Hi I'm from UK, 34 year old female with little ones. I've recently had my gallbladder removed so had a massive wake up call in regards to what I'm actually putting in my body, I've been using MFP for two weeks and lost 6lb by keeping my eye on my macros with my goal being a 56lb loss. My biggest downfall is carbs. Looking for friends for advice and support on my journey so feel free to add me :)

Replies

• rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Serious question: why is your biggest downfall carbs?
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Taking it one day at a time, but ultimately have the same goal. Happy to support.
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi nice to meet you. Wow 6lbs in two weeks is great!! I have lost 9 in about 30 days,I also have about 50 lbs to lose ,maybe 60. Im also in my 30s with three young boys at home. I am a vegetarian with no real special diet except that I watch my calories and exercise by walking a few miles a day 5 x a week, I dont always include it in my diary so that it helps me have room for error I guess. Just in case. But I also work out to Jillian Michaels Beginner Shred, and I try to do that daily, I am almost done with Workout 2. I friend requested you. We seem to have similar goals.Anyone else feel free to add me too. I always play nice.
  • JulesW2203
    JulesW2203 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My carbs are always over on my daily macro chart.

I'm joining the gym next week with my sister never stepped foot in one so have zero clue where to start!
  • bee_bee8
    bee_bee8 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just want to say, I've lost about 45 lbs and have probably eaten mostly carbs. Carbs are not the enemy, overeating is! I'll admit I don't know a ton about macros, but I do know if I limit my carbs I turn into a total grouch (who ends up binge eating because I can't take the withdrawals lol). The key for me was making my carb dishes healthier; using whole wheat pasta, for example, and throwing in whatever veggies I have in the fridge. One of my favorite dishes is an asparagus, shrimp and mushroom pasta that's low-cal and totally delicious. Feel free to add me if you're a carb monster like I am, and want some help making healthy recipes :-)
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My carbs are always over on my daily macro chart.

I'm joining the gym next week with my sister never stepped foot in one so have zero clue where to start!

Great! I will be joining the gym next month, again,hopefully. I haven't been inside the gym in over 4 and a half years. I told myself if I do the Beginner Shred everyday or so, that I'd gift myself a membership for completing my goal. You're going to love the gym. My gym has a pool ,tons of great machines, sauna, steam room,and many workers/trainers who are always happy to help. But the most important thing you can do is just pick a machine and start. You wont go in knowing what to do. Nobody ever does.And if tou dont make a few mistakes along the way, how will you grow. I never could do the elliptical machine, but im a champ at the stair climber, at least I used to be.And of course the treadmill. Love walking. You are so blessed to have your sister there too. You both just need to worry about each other and get started. And of course My fitness pal will help greatly. I didn't know about My fitness pal till recently. Even though my sister used it in front of my eyes a few years ago to help her lose over a hundred lbs along with the lap band surgery. I guess I was off un my own lil world. I would have been using it. I only started when my 13 yr old neice told me about it. Anyways you got all the tools you need.
  • JulesW2203
    JulesW2203 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys much appreciated.

Another question... how do I add people on here lol
  • GoKasey5
    GoKasey5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Baby steps! I'm a carb monster lol. I don't think I'll ever get my fill of fresh baked bread