I've lost 11 pounds but I don't understand...

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    25 yrs old, 5'7", CW: 227.6 :) Thanks
    Based on your stats, the pounds you lost wouldn't show a significant change in inches..................yet. Also, unless you measured at basically the same time you did the last time, you may have been retaining some subcutaneous water and that would lead to a 0 reading.
    Keep at it. Consistency is the goal because if your consistent, you can have a bad day, a bad week, a bad month, but NEVER a bad year.
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Looking at your food diary part of the problem could be the types of foods that your eating. The quality of food that your putting into your body is far more important than exercise. I only had 30 lbs to lose and I am currently only 5 pounds from my goal weight. I changed the types of foods that I was eating and eat very little processed foods and do not eat fast food at all anymore. I feel better and look better and never feel or look bloated. As others have already posted strength training is more important than cardio. Do more strength training and try interval training.
  • Jesse13
    Jesse13 Posts: 72
    Options
    Keep up the good work, I second that consistency is key. This is a lifestyle change, not a quick fix. It takes time to gain the weight, and it will take time and patience to lose it. I know that you can do it! Keep up the good work.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a good website to go to for a free customized workout plan that includes cardio and strength training? I don't have a gym membership, and all I have at home is an elliptical, two 10 pound weights, and two 5 lb ankle/wrist weights. I just don't even know where to start as far as the strength training exercises I should be doing.
  • zoink66
    zoink66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    25 yrs old, 5'7", CW: 227.6 :) Thanks
    Based on your stats, the pounds you lost wouldn't show a significant change in inches..................yet. Also, unless you measured at basically the same time you did the last time, you may have been retaining some subcutaneous water and that would lead to a 0 reading.
    Keep at it. Consistency is the goal because if your consistent, you can have a bad day, a bad week, a bad month, but NEVER a bad year.

^^ This. Since you're taller and have a significant amount of weight to lose, it's going to be a while before the inches really start to show. But keep up what you're doing and it'll happen.

For me, I do workout videos at home for strength and some cardio. Anything by Jillian Michaels is good and combines strength and cardio, and I've heard good stuff about P90X and other Beach Body workouts too.
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a good website to go to for a free customized workout plan that includes cardio and strength training? I don't have a gym membership, and all I have at home is an elliptical, two 10 pound weights, and two 5 lb ankle/wrist weights. I just don't even know where to start as far as the strength training exercises I should be doing.

Women's Health magazine online has a TON of great cardio, interval, circuit and weight routines, in PDF format that are free if you register for their newsletter. I use them a lot and LOVE them :)
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Women's Health magazine online has a TON of great cardio, interval, circuit and weight routines, in PDF format that are free if you register for their newsletter. I use them a lot and LOVE them :)

Thank you so much! Going there now..... :happy: