How often do you eat?

Options
Since I've been on holidays I've had the luxury of being able to eat when I want. I usually get hungry about every 2-3 hours and eat about 200-300 cals.

Just wondering how often everybody eats and how much?

Replies

• fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry and I stop when I'm not!!! For me it is really that simple.

What I eat varies I try to pay attention to intake, if I had a good meal a couple of hours prior and am feeling a little hungry I may just have a small snack to "fool" the hunger a little until my next meal. What I changed mostly wasn't how much or how many times I ate but the quality of the foods I ate.
  • Licacorona
    Licacorona Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Breakfast

3 hours later Lunch

2 Hours later a snack

2 hours later Dinner :)
  • jon_brady
    jon_brady Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    not often enough. If you spread your calories out over the day and eat every 2-3 hours it increases your metabolism and helps you maintain more balanced blood sugar levels so you don't get overly hungry and crave unhealthy foods so it looks like you are on the right track.
  • joyrobles57
    Options
    breakfast 8 snack 10:30 lunch 12 snack 2 dinner 6:30 snack 10
  • adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    Since I've been on holidays I've had the luxury of being able to eat when I want. I usually get hungry about every 2-3 hours and eat about 200-300 cals.

This is about right. I eat 6 times a day about 300 calories each time. that's how we as a species are intended to eat. the 3 meal a day thing isn't right.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    There are so many plates in my sink at the end of the day. I eat every 2 to 3 hours. 3 main meals , several snacks.
  • whisperingdragon
    Options

This is about right. I eat 6 times a day about 300 calories each time. that's how we as a species are intended to eat. the 3 meal a day thing isn't right.

Agree :flowerforyou:
  • agent300
    agent300 Posts: 73
    Options

completely disagree. there is no "supposed to." you think your ancestors ate 6 meals a day?
  • emma1488
    emma1488 Posts: 175
    Options
    There are so many plates in my sink at the end of the day. I eat every 2 to 3 hours. 3 main meals , several snacks.

haha, so true! oh well:drinker:
  • emma1488
    Options
    I dont think that our ancestors ate that many times a day...Maybe the gatherers that could eat small amounts of berries, nuts etc.? I don't think they would have been able to hunt down animals to have 4-6 meat meals a day either...

Though i guess thats why humans are living longer and longer, we're developing our diets and finding out what our bodies like and thrive on:)
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 4 times a day. I'm always really hungry in the morning and not that hungry in the evening/night. So I eat breakfast, a morning snack, lunch, and dinner.

It depends on the person, in my opinion.
  • agent300
    Options
    I dont think that our ancestors ate that many times a day...Maybe the gatherers that could eat small amounts of berries, nuts etc.? I don't think they would have been able to hunt down animals to have 4-6 meat meals a day either...

Though i guess thats why humans are living longer and longer, we're developing our diets and finding out what our bodies like and thrive on:)

im just saying its not required to eat 6 meals a day. this myth has only surfaced somewhat recently. whether you eat 1 meal or 30 meals, it doesnt matter. its all about the calories. so to say were intended to eat 6 meals a day is flat out wrong.
  • agent300
    Options
    I usually eat 4 times a day. I'm always really hungry in the morning and not that hungry in the evening/night. So I eat breakfast, a morning snack, lunch, and dinner.

you are absolutely right. everyone is different and should find what works for them. it just annoys me when people act like you HAVE to eat 6 meals a day or you will fail.
  • TaushasJourney
    Options
    I eat around my work schedule, with about 6 hours between meals, & a snack between breakfast & lunch (maybe 4 hours after breakfast). After work I usually spread out my dinner over the evening rather than having one big meal--I'm definitely a snacker!
  • elizwelshman
    elizwelshman Posts: 136
    Options
    I usually eat 4 times a day, sometimes more if I'm in a snacking mood.
  • emma1488
    Options

you are absolutely right. everyone is different and should find what works for them. it just annoys me when people act like you HAVE to eat 6 meals a day or you will fail.

That's why i created this thread, to get some different opinions, to see how it varies from person to person.

I WISH I was one of those people who only wanted a meal or two a day. Even if i eat a massive meal with loads of calories, i'll be hungry in the next 2-3 hours :grumble:
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I've been on vacay this week and my eating habits have been erratic at best.
    When I work, I generally eat 3 meals a day (dinner as the largest) and a very small snack between lunch and dinner (like a piece of fruit or a bottle of soy milk).

On weekends, I will usually blur two of the meals. Like eat no brekkie, but a slightly larger lunch. Or I will eat breakfast and then eat an early dinner.

I don't have a real fridge in my apartment and I don't really cook so I just eat whenever my husband is ready to feed me or to go out.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I eat all the time! Probably every 2 hours... my colleagues can't understand why i'm so small when all I ever do is eat!

Breakfast 9am, snack 11am, lunch 1pm, snack 3pm, dinner 7pm and supper at 9pm. Since I switched to high protein this really works for me, i'm never hungry and actually struggle to fill those meals and snacks with protein rich food, to the point where reaching my calorie goal is becoming difficult!