Who gets their motivation from God

Options
First of all... please keep this clean and if you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all! Thank you!

I'm on this new lifestyle journey for myself, my husband and my family! I want to be healthier and a lot more active! Plus lose about 50lbs! The only thing that motivates me especially during my hardest times is God! I may fail often and don't have many "people" to help or guide me so I look to the only One who can..
please share your favorite scriptures that keep you going on your journey to a better You! Please also share any inspiring stories!
God Bless you all!!
Thanks for sharing!

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up!"
Galatians 6:9

Replies

• Hanswifey
    Hanswifey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know this is semi off topic but I feel like it's challenging for me when trying to loose weight in that I often am motivated by vanity. I have moments of where I want to treat my body like a temple and to not be sunk down in gluttony but then in the background I still have the vain desires. Do you ever struggle with that?
  • Babygirl7503
    Babygirl7503 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i stand by the word .i can do all things thru christ. i have alot of weight to lose but with Gods help i can do it. do i get discourged you bet but its life. i try and stay positive most of the time. but i love meeting christain people who can help you pray. just take one day at a time and trust God we can do this
  • jforrest8687
    jforrest8687 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hanswifey wrote: »
    I know this is semi off topic but I feel like it's challenging for me when trying to loose weight in that I often am motivated by vanity. I have moments of where I want to treat my body like a temple and to not be sunk down in gluttony but then in the background I still have the vain desires. Do you ever struggle with that?

Hello! Thank you for sharing your heart with us! It takes a strong woman to admit anything that's tough. First of all of course I struggle with things of those sorts... especially with food. I would eat by my emotions and usually over do it than under. I have been putting Gods word everywhere just to keep reminding me why I'm choosing to change. I make mistakes! We all do! But the bet thing to do is move on... immediately. Forgive yourself! If we dwell on our struggles we allow the devil in. Keep your focus of God and you will get through anything. The scripture I put in earlier Galatians 6:9 just remember if you sow good things into your body you will reap good things... BUT NOT IN OUR TIMING...That has been my biggest accomplishment since I started to become more healthy is understanding this whole process is about changing my life not changing my body. And in time I will see results even through all my struggles! Hang in there and I will pray for you!!
  • jforrest8687
    Options
    i stand by the word .i can do all things thru christ. i have alot of weight to lose but with Gods help i can do it. do i get discourged you bet but its life. i try and stay positive most of the time. but i love meeting christain people who can help you pray. just take one day at a time and trust God we can do this

Thank you for sharing! Philippians 4:13 is one of my favorites too!! I don't go a day without thanking God for giving me His strength to get through everything! I will keep you in my prayers! “She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.”
    ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭31:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬
  • booskie104
    booskie104 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Amen yes God is so wonderful, he will keep u if u wanna be kept, he will never let us down.... I know that I can do this for if I make one step he will make 2, that's in the word ..... So I have to do my part first and I know that God has my back when man doesn't. Be blessed
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Amen
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    4xhl83qd4qzi.png

I endeavour to practice these
    ' Fruits of the Spirit ' every day, though I know I fall short, of what our Heavenly Father seeks of me.
    This is a lifetime commitment.
    When we fail, we lean on God.

I have been on this journey two years and lost 80 pounds. (With another 60 to go).

While my struggles in weight loss have been challenging, it has not been my greatest challenge,
    I have leaned on our Holy Father through the greatest of griefs. The death of my beloved beautiful daughter Hannah.
    Without His love, and the strongest understanding and knowledge that my beautiful girl is with her Father, in His Kingdom, I would not be here.
    I am thankful every day.
    I ask God to be a blessing to others, to share His love and to be his heart, hands and feet.

This is not an easy path to follow.
    But with honesty, encouragement, empathy and support, we can walk together to become the healthiest versions of ourselves....
    With Gods blessing
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I don't want to come on your thread and misrepresent myself. But I can say this for certain because it happened to me. It involved a lot of stuff but also weight loss- you can be lost, but then you can be found.

It's the only real explanation I have for how I got from 285lbs to 178lbs and stayed here for 10 years.

Thank you for starting this thread.
  • jforrest8687
    Options
    booskie104 wrote: »
    Amen yes God is so wonderful, he will keep u if u wanna be kept, he will never let us down.... I know that I can do this for if I make one step he will make 2, that's in the word ..... So I have to do my part first and I know that God has my back when man doesn't. Be blessed

Amen Sister! That all reminds me of a few scriptures! "Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not.”
    ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭17:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬ “Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee. Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.”
    ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭4:25-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬
    You are absolutely correct that God will never let us down. Too many people blame bad things on Gods behalf and that is so wrong. Everything good is from God. Everything bad is of the devil. I'm so thankful that He is a forgiving God cause when I fail it has become easier to lay it all down and keep going! God bless you!
  • jforrest8687
    Options
    4xhl83qd4qzi.png

I endeavour to practice these
    ' Fruits of the Spirit ' every day, though I know I fall short, of what our Heavenly Father seeks of me.
    This is a lifetime commitment.
    When we fail, we lean on God.

I have been on this journey two years and lost 80 pounds. (With another 60 to go).

While my struggles in weight loss have been challenging, it has not been my greatest challenge,
    I have leaned on our Holy Father through the greatest of griefs. The death of my beloved beautiful daughter Hannah.
    Without His love, and the strongest understanding and knowledge that my beautiful girl is with her Father, in His Kingdom, I would not be here.
    I am thankful every day.
    I ask God to be a blessing to others, to share His love and to be his heart, hands and feet.

This is not an easy path to follow.
    But with honesty, encouragement, empathy and support, we can walk together to become the healthiest versions of ourselves....
    With Gods blessing

Wow!!! That is an incredible story!! I'm so blessed to have read it!! It's so encouraging to hear that you have been been on this journey for years and what you've accomplished! It helps me because I know I have a long road ahead of me! Thank you for sharing something so heart warming! Your daughter is charished and loved! And so are you!! I am so thankful God took ahold of your heart and gave you the knowledge to keep you here! Cause you are worthy of life! And life everlasting! YOU ARE A MASTERPIECE!! “Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.”
    ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭31:31‬ ‭KJV‬‬
    I will keep you in my prayer! God bless you!
    ALL FOR HIM
  • jforrest8687
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    I don't want to come on your thread and misrepresent myself. But I can say this for certain because it happened to me. It involved a lot of stuff but also weight loss- you can be lost, but then you can be found.

It's the only real explanation I have for how I got from 285lbs to 178lbs and stayed here for 10 years.

Thank you for starting this thread.

Thank you so much for sharing!! Anyone can try and change their life (short term) but it takes someone with heart to continue it as a part of their life! I am so proud of you! Very inspiring! Your words of being lost and then being found were very close to my heart. I think we are all lost in this world until we become found and everyone has a different meaning behind "found!" I personally have to put scripture behind anything I say because my words are nothing with out Gods voice! And the best I can put is that God seeks all of us! “For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out. As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.”
    ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭34:11-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬
    Blessings!!
    ALL FOR HIM
  • Nikitazilla
    Nikitazilla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I skipped sunday mass for 5 weeks and lost about ten pounds ;)

That's because this redhead was praying for you
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,137 Member
    Options
    @jforrest8687

Got to the Search link and type "Christian posts or groups," where you can communicate with religious minded people better than in the general forums.

If you post religious comments in an open forum, you may not get the answers and support that you are looking for.
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your kindness and prayers.
    Yes I am blessed and happy to be a blessing.
  • jforrest8687
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    @jforrest8687

Got to the Search link and type "Christian posts or groups," where you can communicate with religious minded people better than in the general forums.

If you post religious comments in an open forum, you may not get the answers and support that you are looking for.

I appreciate the heads up but I'm not looking for any answers! I get those from the Bible! And I'm happy to post them in general forum! Then more people are exposed to the truth! Regardless of what they choose to believe! I love everyone and would love to hear anything from anyone... no judgement here! Even if someone said something negative...it just gives me more people and things to pray over! I hope I didn't offend you in any way. I'm just being Me!
    ALL FOR HIM!

• jforrest8687
    Options
    Amen!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,318 Member
    Options
    God is my motivation too for all things in life