Options
13»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,941 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »
    Fitness trackers seem to be on the mark for some, but can over/underestimate for others. It shouldn't ever be anything too drastic though. I use Trendweight and a spreadsheet that was posted on the boards to assess the margin of error for my Fitbit. I don't remember the link offhand but it's been posted many times by @PAV8888. It's helped immensely thus far.

Glad to hear it's helped @Maxematics

As you mentioned in your post there are multiple components at play:
    --the accuracy of caloric intake logging
    --the accuracy of the tracking device for the activities of the user
    --whether the user is an average or outlier snowflake.

What is the likelihood that an outlier snowflake finds themselves on MFP?
    THREE standard deviations from the mean is only 0.3% of the population.
    Which still amounts to over 1,000,000 people in just the US and Canada.
    Admittedly, the vast majority, including myself, are part of the other 99.7% :sunglasses:

Latest version of the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14k_zGWeklpl05lNqSWN_SK1XzuwnmVHtUfW8Eao5kIE/edit?usp=sharing
  • hoganpm0
    hoganpm0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I wish they would let you not have it add calories based on activity like they let you not add Negative calories if you want.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    hoganpm0 wrote: »
    I wish they would let you not have it add calories based on activity like they let you not add Negative calories if you want.

Since you're a Premium member this is an option for you, to disable all exercise/tracker calories from being added to your goal.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    hoganpm0 wrote: »

Just unsync it from mfp if you're not interested in eating back your exercise calories.

Not that i recommend doing that...