5:2 diet newbie

Options
Just started on my fitness app and going to start the 5:2 diet. Anyone have any good go to items for fasting days?

Replies

• jopalis
    jopalis Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am just trying this method. Haven't gone a week yet. I try to get as much nutritional bang for the buck and try to get protein in. Protein and fiber seemed to work for me. I save most calories for dinner on fast days. To start I am keeping it kind of simple. B: tea or coffee and one large boiled egg, lunch has been fat free yogurt and maybe a bit of fruit like blueberries. I don't really do processed foods...so far. Dinner today was homemade turkey chili and steamed greens. I am at around 500 calories today. Other days I still eat healthy and try to stick with 1200 calories per day. I don't think slapping on the feed bag with no mind to nutrition on non fast days is the way to go. This is just me. I also don't have set mealtime or hours apart.
  • Beccaluv9289
    Beccaluv9289 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been researching this diet because I would like to do it, but I feel like the calculators are giving me way too many calories for normal days. It said my BMR was 1795, and that's way more than I can eat if I'm eating healthy. I usually eat around 1300 to 1500 eating oatmeal for breakfast, a healthy sandwhich for lunch, veggies and fruits with crackers for snacks, and then dinner is around 500 cal. So to eat all that and still have calories left seems crazy. I guess I will have to see if eating under the recommended 1795 on normal days will hinder my weight loss? I feel like you sticking to 1200 cal a day seems more like it. I think I will try to stay under 1500 calories on normal days and then obviously the 500 calories on fast days. *fingers crossed*