Hi all - newbie

Options
Hello, my name is Walker. Recently started taking my healty seriously because I wasn't satisfied with my life. I am overweight and it prevents me from enjoying a lot of activities that involve outdoors or physical stuff. I have been working out amd watching what I eat for a couple of weeks and decided to get a food diary app. This app is pretty cool. Best of luck to everybody in achieving their personar goals!

Replies

• microwhisper
    microwhisper Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new too. How has it been going the past few weeks?
  • pitbull603
    pitbull603 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good luck...tracking my food and exercise helps alot
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone and welcome newbies! Remember this is a journey and not a race. Best wishes on your weight loss journey! ;)
  • woxhow
    woxhow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new too. How has it been going the past few weeks?

It's been good. Really just focusing on the idea that one setback or failure doesn't mean I have to quit. That's always been a problem in the past for me. Best of luck to you!
  • enoughisenough3565
    enoughisenough3565 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This is a fantastic place for support. Best of luck to you.
  • rschm271
    rschm271 Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    Hello from NH. I am new to MFP and to the message boards. I am feeling a little less overwhelmed than last week. People have been saying it gets easier the longer you stay at it. Also it takes several weeks to really change your habits so they become second nature. Good luck to you!!
  • microwhisper
    microwhisper Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It's been good. Really just focusing on the idea that one setback or failure doesn't mean I have to quit. That's always been a problem in the past for me. Best of luck to you!

I know it's a bit cheesy but I always like the analogue of getting a flat tire... when that happens u get out and fix it, you don't then go out and slash the other three. ;-)

What are your goals?
  • woxhow
    woxhow Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I know it's a bit cheesy but I always like the analogue of getting a flat tire... when that happens u get out and fix it, you don't then go out and slash the other three. ;-)

What are your goals?

I am hoping to lose weight, hopefully a pound a week. I have been lifting a but of weights bu mostly just walking daily. Also signed up for an intro yoga class which is an 8 week session. That is a good analogy lolol.
  • ironjay37
    ironjay37 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You can do this Brother