Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

1200 calories a day

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    I'm 5'2" and comfortably do a 1200 net day once or twice a week, but a lot of my social life centers on food and drink and I don't want to give that up, plus I think it would take more discipline than I'm interested in using to stick to 1200 every day. Plus it's unnecessary! My TDEE less 20% is about 1900 right now, so on days I don't go out I range between 1200 and 1900 and it's all good, and I try not to go out more than twice a week. I actually have been losing almost 2 pounds a week this month averaging around 1900/day, but I've got a pretty decent amount to lose still (I'm ranging between 183-185 right now). I've been gradually reducing my average calories as I lose weight, but I don't intend to ever go as low as 1200.
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    Gibby349 wrote: »
    Is there anyone who is losing weight who are surviving off of 1200 calories a day and when I say surviving I mean feeling full and satisfied .Also are you dropping two pounds a week from doing this ?

I was definetley surviving on 1200 calories. I enjoyed the food I ate. Greek yogurts(chobani flips) honey roasted almonds,pecans. Banana smoothies with peanut butter. Fruit. When i excercised to a 20 minute strength training dvd by jillian Michaels I ate back half. I started walking my son to school and went up to lightly active. Started incorporating loooong walks,i dont include those in my diary. I use those calories to lose weight and leave room for error. I also am at a - 500 or more calories, for weight loss, ( i forget what thats called sorry) but its very much possible to survive and be satisfied on 1200 calories. I drink lots and lots of water and I eat ,alot if protein. I believe thatvis what has helped me lose ,10 lbs in 30 days. I feel great. Not stsrving or anything.
  • Nykkismommy21
    sdolan91 wrote: »
    I've been hitting around 1,100 calories a day, been dieting for 2 weeks, and have lost 3 pounds.
    Protein! I hit the gym in the morning and have a protein shake, and have protein for luch (eggs or chicken in my salad), and a veggie turkey/chicken, and rice for dinner. It keeps me full. :smile:

Protein is definetley the winning factor i truly believe and live this. As a vegetarian on a unhealthy diet of too many sweets,I rarely ate protein. Nowww I eat protein shake in the mirning ,wheni walk i eat KIND bar, Clif bars, and the ThinkThin bars, 20 grams protein in one bar. They help sustain my 3 or 4 mile walks. And my weight has been coming off easily.
  • Nykkismommy21
    Eat more protein ,and walk, and drink water!! You can add me if you would like. I also leave my diary open.
  • Liftslikeagoddess
    Liftslikeagoddess Posts: 44 Member
    edited August 2017
    I'm doing 1,200 cals per week have been for close to three weeks now. I'm doing just fine and I'm dropping a lot of weight.... some nights I feel a little hungry, but nothing like I need to eat or I'll faint.

I have loads more energy than I did before, waking up a 6am and staying awake longer too. I guess it's finding what's right for your body and your needs. If I am hungry, I will eat.

Right now, I'd struggle eating more than 1200 cals as I've not been hungry.

In terms of dropping weight; it's all over the place. 13lbs in three weeks.. I'm guessing a lot of that was water weight. But, it's about finding what works for you :)
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    1200 calories a day and not feeling deprived depends on your body (size) and what you eat. If you eat very lean/low calorie protiens (mainly plain white fish or chicken), a ton of plain raw or lightly steamed vegetables and then just a cup of complex carbs (brown rice). That's a lot of food volume to hit 1200 calories a day. That's literally 6 meals a day of switching between 4oz chicken & 4oz cod, plus a cup or two (if leafy greens) of green, plain vegetables (raw or lightly steamed) and 2 of the meals with 1/2 cup brown rice.
  • subs2boom
    subs2boom Posts: 8 Member
    I have stayed under 1600 calories a day and have lost 22 lbs in the last 30 days. I am trying to follow a more "keto" diet approach keeping my carbs way low and protein way high. It kinda sucks but its working. Oh... I also have a lot of weight to lose which probably contributes to the loss. If you dont have much weight to lose it will probably be harder.