Lost all my baby weight FINALLY & Hypothyroidism

Options
jelizabeth713
jelizabeth713 Posts: 98 Member
edited August 2017 in Success Stories
2bxb2ullzhzs.png
yo08r5ib5olj.png
hktxgclx3k32.png

Hi, my name is Julie, I'm 5'9" and I gained 50 lbs during third tri in my pregnancy. It's been a battle losing weight and keeping it off since then(2012). I've been up and down, on and off. Lost all but 15 lbs a couple times couldn't get lower than that but then always gaining again. I was diagnosed hypothyroid in early 2015, but symptomatic much earlier than that and didn't know what was wrong. Since medicating properly, tweaking my diet and regular exercise I have now hit my goal weight of 145. Bf% is 21-22 area. I haven't weighed this since 2011, it's an amazing feeling. I hope this inspires some to never give up, always fight for what you aim for!!! Anything is possible, but it starts with your mind set and determination! :smiley:

Top pic is from 2012
Middle pic is March 2017 -> now
Bottom pic is 2012ish -> now

Replies

• vlnielsen519
    vlnielsen519 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look wonderful ;)
  • anastasiadietitian
    anastasiadietitian Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Mind if I ask how many calories you ate? I gained a ton during pregnancy too
  • anastasiadietitian
    anastasiadietitian Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Meaning how many you ate to lose it...not while pregnant :)
  • jelizabeth713
    jelizabeth713 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look wonderful ;)

Thank you!!! :smiley:
    Mind if I ask how many calories you ate? I gained a ton during pregnancy too
    Meaning how many you ate to lose it...not while pregnant :)

Based on my height, weight and what I had to lose, I was around 1400-1500 calories per day. Once I hit my goal weight I recalculated them and now I eat 1700 to maintain. They say to adjust your macros/calories once every 10-20 pounds you lose.
  • LANDOFSAND
    LANDOFSAND Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Look great! No hand in the green shirt pic would've been great too!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!