Staying motivated

Options
Why is it that dieting in the summer is so much more difficult than winter. Over the winter I lost 20 lbs because I had no desire to brave the cold (Toronto Canada Winters!!)

I am finding it so difficult to get back on track. I eat healthy most of the time but I have issues with portion control.

This is more a rant i guess. Oh, and alcohol and beer in the summer ugh!!

What do you use for motivation to stay on track in the summer?

ALSO, how do you stay on track when you are in pretty good shape and it's only 5 more vanity pounds to loose?

Replies

• bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    for some people its the opposite. just try to stay active. u could do walking in the summer. walk outside in a park, or even walk around a park. make sure you're getting in your water. u could do it
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    My friends here keep me motivated! I visit Toronto often and know what you mean about those insane winters!!

Like you, I had 5 vanity lbs to lose and went on ''auto pilot''...dangerous for someone like me, so I increased my target by another 10 lbs to keep me motivated.

It doesn't help that Toronto has easily some of the very best eating places and bars on the planet, but feel free to add me as a friend and I will do all I can to help out.
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I find it much harder in the winter! When its cold all I want to do is curl up on the sofa and eat comfort foods lol. Find it much easier in the summer, altho yeah, there is the beer problem lol.
  • SweGuy
    SweGuy Posts: 78
    Options
    I believe its not a matter of diet; because I see it as a change in the way I lead my life.. I am stronger, healthier, happier when I take care of myself and dont slouch, eat fatty foods nor drink alcohol - I do have a glass of red wine every now and then...
  • LizGogol
    LizGogol Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Toronto has AMAZING restaurants!!

and in the winter, I have my Jillian michaels Dvds and when its too cold to go outside, i just stay in and work out!

maybe uping my goal to another 10lbs to loose could keep me motivated! good tip!