Weight loss with clothes

Options
2»

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    xvolution wrote: »
    If it's just pants, then you could get by with wearing a belt for now. It's what I currently do (I wear a size 44 waist now, used to wear 48s).

Just make sure you're not going overboard with this - my spouse was going to leave the house in a pair of jeans so baggy the button was hanging well below his belt. It was not a good look.
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    You are right. It is a waste. I did it and regret it. Wait it out as long as you can, or spend very little money on the transitional clothes you buy.
  • staylo1313
    staylo1313 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Have a yard sale and sell your clothes that are too big and use the money at thrift stores... our area also has Facebook sites where you can sell clothes.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Buy a few staple items that fit along the way, like a pair of jean and black trousers. You'll feel much more confident.
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Sell the clothes that are big now and buy a fraction of ones you want while on your journey
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    e1420 wrote: »
    I am around 6 months in my weight loss journey, and have lost over 2 stone. However, I keep feeling as if buying these new clothes I want and need is going to be a waste as I still have around a stone to go until I reach my goal weight. New clothes I brought around last month are now feeling slightly loose. What can I do?

I bought basic things (underwear, bras) to get me through each size. I only bought a small number and washed them often. For dresses and tops, I bought items that would look good even if they were a bit large so I could wear them through a couple of sizes. Pants, shorts, skirts, etc, I would only buy if they had elastic I could take in, loops for a belt (especially jeans), or drawstrings.

The only thing I bought to fit was my swimming suit. I work out in the pool so I need a suit that fits reasonably well. I would buy one that was a little snug, then get a new one when the old one was loose enough that various parts would jiggle.

Tunics and sweaters get me through several sizes and cover up the fact that my pants are too big and cinched in by a belt.