Doing well but stretch marks are making me sad

Options
I don't want to complain because I know that I'm losing weight and becoming healthy and should be happy about that but I can't shake the sadness I get when I touch my stretch marks.
It's not so much of the look of the marks... I don't mind them, it's just when I run my fingers over them it gives me an uneasy feeling and I can't shake it.
Will stretch marks always have that certain feel? Or will there be a point where it feels normal but there is just scarring?

Replies

• everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    You mean my tiger stripes? :D

I've had stretch marks on my arms for forever and some around my stomach too for a long time and they don't feel any different than the rest of my skin. (I never thought about it before and actually had to touch them just now to verify this)
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    As a Mama...They are my proud marks :) Except my hips. That bothered me. So, I got a tattoo. It looks great
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Nothing you can do. I try to eat foods high in antioxidants such as vitaminC. I have read that it can help build up collagen. Worth a shot. Maybe they will fade at least a tiny bit.
  • Archcurl
    Archcurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I used an oil every night on my stretch marks for about a year. I had enough results to not go through with the constant massaging the oil in. You should try doing that, if you really care about it that much. Try and get yourself a proper scarring oil, I used Bio-Oil but you can try different ones. As long as you rub/massage it in gently every night there will be an improvement
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel @skeeewur. I had a really really hard time with my stretch marks. I'd never had any before and now I have a body as if I had been prgnant but don't have the blessing of a child to show for it. I remember standing infront of the mirror and crying. To me they were a sign of failure (because I'd gained so much weight so quickly as to get them everywhere!).

In the beginning I would run my fingers over them and try to get used to how strange they felt. I didnt want to get undressed around my husband because I was so self-conscious about him seeing them.

Now I realize that they are just a normal part of my life journey that I needed to accept and embrace. Even rich actresses have them! The marks will fade little by little over time until their a whitish colour (rather than angry purplish colour) and you will get used to the new feel of your skin.