Spinach & Salmon Salad (Trust me on this one)

Options
kategottli
kategottli Posts: 20 Member
An old coworker of mine got me into this, and it is a TOTAL game changer! I have lost 11 lbs since I made this my workday lunch. It fills me up and keeps me full all the way until dinner time!

3 Cups - Fresh Baby Spinach
1 Can - Boneless, Skinless, Salmon in Water, drained (Atlantic, Pacific, doesn't matter)
1/2 cup - Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
1/2 cup - Cucumber (slices cut into quarters)
2 tbsp- - Low cal dressing (personally, I use French)

For me it works out to a piddly 224 calories per giant serving. Baby spinach is nice and sweet (and super good for you!) and the salmon gives it flavour and is FULL of protein. The cucumber and tomato just add some texture.

If I have a vinaigrette dressing, sometimes I pop the salad in the microwave to warm it up, and I've seen my coworker (the "inventor" of the salad) throw some chickpeas on there for even more protein!

I used to eat a LOT throughout the day. I am a notorious desk-snacker... eating bits and pieces constantly throughout the day. Now that I've been eating this salad I honestly don't snack anymore. I don't feel hungry until around dinner time! For how much it fills you, there sure aren't many calories!

And for a lunch, it's very inexpensive. I spend $15/week on the "supplies"... so that's about $3/day.

Replies

• charelaine
    charelaine Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    sounds good. how many servings do you get out of this recipe?
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    sounds great........I usually eat lettuce and tuna for lunch so this will be a nice change:)
  • sallycheese
    Options
    i do love a nice salad and i do love salmon but prefer a nice grilled fillet,it is actually what i have planned for my dinner today before work
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I think I will really enjoy this recipe
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    i like the sound of it, but i dont know if i could eat the same thing every day and not get restless!
  • Sunny_Lexie
    Sunny_Lexie Posts: 114
    Options
    looks delicious! thanks for sharing!
  • Mathisfun
    Mathisfun Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • kategottli
    Options
    All that together makes one (very hearty) serving, but I find that's all I need to last me from lunch until dinner! Let me know if you try it and like it!
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I've been meaning to try some canned salmon but I only eat wild caught salmon. Do you know if the canned kind is wild caught? I have this same sort of salad with canned tuna on top, its great too!
  • kategottli
    Options
    I honestly don't know if they're wild caught. I think you would have to look into the brand? I know when I buy off the shelf there are lots of different brands. I usually just stick with clover leaf because it has a lower sodium level.

Sorry I can't be of more help!