Struggling with weight for 12 years ...:(

Options
Hey..hello beautiful people. ..I have started using this app recently..i started on my weightloss program on July 4th..since then have lost about 22 lbs..but now weightloss seems to have slowed down..I tried to add more cardio but still not pacing up...I have been struggling with my weightfor 12 years now..being a doctor myself it was carrying guilt along with excess weight..it kind of led me into utter misery, loneliness and friendlessness..I suffer from chronic migraine and pcos. ..I have tried several ways before but all ended in giving up...hoping to achieve my goal..4 stones to go <3<3<3<3

Replies

• timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the initial success! From what you posted it sounds like you only cardio? Lifting heavy might be worth trying.

Also maybe you've heard this already but weigh/measure everything you eat and log accurately; it's easy to eat back your deficit in logging error.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    That's a great start- congratulations. Just stick with the program and aim to lose about a pound a week. It'll slow as you get closer to your goal weight. I'm 9 pounds from my GW and am only losing 2 pounds a month. I could lose it faster, but am really working on understanding maintenance, intellectually (pretty easy) and psychologically (much harder, for me).
  • kmbmoutswi
    kmbmoutswi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi good people, this is all inspiring to me, I am on my 21st day as a user of this app, i have been logging in daily my food intake and only twice it was horrible, the other days were deficits so I am happy with this. I have been eating right and swimming for an hour to an hour and thirty minutes in week days and ao I hope this will do something great a few months from now. I feel stronger now than when I started so its coming up well. I need some pals in this journey, so please keep up the posts and I hope to hear from some of you again soon. So any more tips? Oh i havent weighed in, the scale is dreadful but i will have to soon to see my progress.
  • pubali90
    pubali90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    timtam163 wrote: »
    Congrats on the initial success! From what you posted it sounds like you only cardio? Lifting heavy might be worth trying.

Also maybe you've heard this already but weigh/measure everything you eat and log accurately; it's easy to eat back your deficit in logging error.

Yes..only cardio
    Biceps and triceps once in a while
    What should I do for tummy
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Yep the first bit is the (relatively) easy bit, then you have to dig in and commit to the process and ride the wave of elation and disappointment.

BTW
    No idea if it was coincidental or not but as I got lighter and fitter my chronic migraines that had plagued me for decades receded in frequency and severity.

• pubali90
    pubali90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Yep the first bit is the (relatively) easy bit, then you have to dig in and commit to the process and ride the wave of elation and disappointment.

BTW
    No idea if it was coincidental or not but as I got lighter and fitter my chronic migraines that had plagued me for decades receded in frequency and severity.

Hey
    Thanks for ur motivation. .
    Are u on any medication for migraine?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    pubali90 wrote: »

BTW

Hey
    Thanks for ur motivation. .
    Are u on any medication for migraine?

When I was in a spell of almost back-to-back migraines I was put on Pizotifen as a prophylactic (was fairly effective at breaking the cycle but seemed to mess with my hunger signals - but then again I've always been greedy!) and Migril for the acute treatment. Migril worked far better for me than Sumatriptan which did virtually nothing for me.

These days I just take OTC meds on rare occasions I need them. Migraleve, just the pink one. Or Ibuprofen Lysine is effective for me if taken early when I sense a migraine might be developing.

Very liberating not to feel the need to carry meds with me all the time.
    Best of luck.
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

BTW

More activity has reduced my migraines too. I used to have tight and stressed upper traps as well. Now gone because of lifting I presume.