A little help

Options
I am having a little trouble and I wanted to know if my plan would work. If for some breakfasts I ate eggs one day, fruit the next etc, a sandwich for lunch with vegetables and fruits and whatever for dinner and reached a goal of 10,000 steps a day plus additional workout for an hour, would this help me loose weight and this stomach and thighs I have?

Replies

• BonnieDundee78
    BonnieDundee78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Only if you're in a calorie deficit.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Depends what calories MFP gave you, how much you have to lose, your starting weight, how many calories you measure (weigh) the food to be. So many variable. Maybe set up MFP with your stats and goals and start measuring? Give it a few weeks before reviewing and tweaking.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    PS you can't spot lose on your thighs and stomach.
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Are we supposed to guess if you would lose weight without actual numbers?

No calorie numbers. No height and weight..

It's like saying if I walk 2 miles a day will I lose weight? The next question is Are you eating ice cream and bon bons 7 days a week.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    How many calories would your preferred menu of eggs/fruit/sandwiches/vegetables/dinner have in them? How many calories should you be eating to lose weight?
  • aggiepringle6665
    aggiepringle6665 Posts: 68 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Track everything in your MFP diary. It will tell you how many calories are in your food, and how many calories you are burning in your workouts. Keep an eye on portion size. When you complete your diary at the end of the day, it will tell you if you have a deficit or a surplus of calories. If you have a deficit number in green, you will lose weight. The higher the deficit, the quicker the weight loss.
    It sounds to me like you are doing just fine
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    My favourite blt has 580 calories....if i ate that and whatever I wanted for dinner then no I wouldn't lose weight.

OP also said if they ate eggs one day.
    How many eggs are we talking, A dozen eggs?
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    I am having a little trouble and I wanted to know if my plan would work. If for some breakfasts I ate eggs one day, fruit the next etc, a sandwich for lunch with vegetables and fruits and whatever for dinner and reached a goal of 10,000 steps a day plus additional workout for an hour, would this help me loose weight and this stomach and thighs I have?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

:)