Protein choc bars?

Options
im a total chocoholic and normal choc just makes me want more and more whats everyones thoughts on chox protein bars? hey have more calories than the normal choc but will assist weightloss better? Thanks

Replies

• GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure they "assist weight loss" but some are higher in protein than others. I find Grenade bars fill me up more than a snickers would.
  • donnastevenson2743
    donnastevenson2743 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    the ones i have been having are 20grams if protein do you think its better to have them than choc? Thanks
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    If you like dark chocolate, it has loads of antioxidants and not that many calories. I plan ahead to eat a square of really good dark chocolate every day. Because it's good quality, I don't need as much to make me satisfied.

If more protein will make you feel satiated, a protein bar might be a good choice for you, but they aren't magical, they are just another option for eating under your calorie goal. Personally I would rather have the best tasting chocolate in small amounts, and get my protein some other way, but you could try one and find out if it helps stop your cravings. Different people are different!

• donnastevenson2743
    Options
    Thank u i do think they fill me a bit more but id be lyin to say it always stops there x
  • canarysal
    canarysal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I've switched to dark chocolate and definitely eat less of it, gone off milk chocolate and chocolate has always been my downfall.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I tried the Mars bar protein yesterday and loved it.

200 calories and 19g of protein. Won't help weight loss but helped fill me and hit my protein goal.
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Try Quest or Fitjoy bars. I buy them from GNC but you can also find them on Amazon. They are loaded with protein AND fiber and 170-230 calories depending on flavor. I love them.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    Options
    I tried the Mars bar protein yesterday and loved it.

200 calories and 19g of protein. Won't help weight loss but helped fill me and hit my protein goal.

Ooo I've been tempted by them but haven't tried one yet.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    Have you tried luxury handmade pralinees? Those that cost $2 per piece? I find that I can eat those in moderation.
  • donnastevenson2743
    Options
    where do you get the mars bar protein bars? ive bot saw them x
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    the ones i have been having are 20grams if protein do you think its better to have them than choc? Thanks

Depends what else you're eating that day? Do you need more protein in your diet?
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    The Kind dark chocolate bars seem to have a simple ingredient list and are not too high in sugar. I think they taste great! They are just under 200 calories I think, but seem to have good nutritional value.
  • macclone
    macclone Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate protein bars as a snack. With weight lifting, I want the protein, but it has to fit in my daily limit.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    Options
    I get my Mars Protein from pick n mix protein website. I get a mixed box with Carb Killas and Protein snickers
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Snickers candy assists weight loss if you eat one or more and remain within your calorie goal.
    Hershey Milk Chocolate assists weight loss if you eat one or more and remain within your calorie goal.

Also, Apple Cider Vinegar assists weight loss if you drink any and remain within your calorie goal.

Among those three statements, do you find a common theme?
  • 92joann
    92joann Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Grenade bars and similar are a good choice I think, they're very filling and usually lower in sugar. If a chocolate bar fits your calories, it won't affect weight loss *but* eating sugar makes you crave more sugar so you'll never get over the cravings, which almost always leads to higher calorie consumption if you can't exercise control. A grenade bar has a little over 200 calories, but you're also getting protein and you're not instantly craving more.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    Options
    92joann wrote: »
    Grenade bars and similar are a good choice I think, they're very filling and usually lower in sugar. If a chocolate bar fits your calories, it won't affect weight loss *but* eating sugar makes you crave more sugar so you'll never get over the cravings, which almost always leads to higher calorie consumption if you can't exercise control. A grenade bar has a little over 200 calories, but you're also getting protein and you're not instantly craving more.

Apparently sugar addiction doesn't exist - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28330706/
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    this ones my favorite 200 cal but low sugar & 20g protein. personally, there's some things I stay away from. If I have a taste, I can't stop myself from eating all I want. Sweets aren't one of them but I have other downfalls. Kinda like an alcoholic, can't have just one
  • macclone
    macclone Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The lack of will power is strong here. To say you can't just eat one or a handful or the bag is going to make it hard. The question is do you want to get in shape and lose weight or not?

Yes, it takes discipline, but it is worth it and the temptations get easier with time. I no longer have any desire to eat the break room cookies or the candy dish with my favorite candy bars that I walk past10 times a day. At the store I can walk by the pizza samples even when my wife says I should try it.
  • donnastevenson2743
    Options
    92joann i feel the same like i find the protwin bars fill me 4 longer and as they have less sugar there healthier and dont leave me craving as much