I am desperate for help, support, and friends. I've got to c

Options
I am 390 pounds, and I can't allow myself to hit 400. :( I am here to change my life, and I am desperate for help. I'm a LPN in a nursing home, and it's become too hard for me to my job well. I have to turn this around, and I have to do it now or my life will just collapse completely. Right now I am working with a couple of coworkers, my physician, and a dietitian to design a plan that will hopefully work for me. I have the rough draft, and am ready to get started, but could definitely use some help and friendship here. I am not exactly a social butterfly, and I've allowed most of my friendships to fail. So yeah, I'm in pretty bad shape. :(

Replies

• Pudgemuffin1
    Pudgemuffin1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well this is a good start and this is a great site and easy to use this is your time to get healthy for yourself you can do it and there is alot of great support on this site feel free to add me as a friend we can help each other!
  • ladyerin79
    ladyerin79 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Honey, I'm in the EXACT same boat as you. I have been big all my life and I decided it was time for a change. I also let all my real-life friendships fail, so I know how that is. Trust me when I tell you that the people you meet on here will be there for you cheering you on and supporting you all the way. As long as you log in everyday and keep coming back, this can work for you too. Hold your head up high and be proud of yourself for making a change. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like! You CAN do this!!! *hugs*

:flowerforyou:
    Erin
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    This site's great for social support; you can add me, too :)
  • Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    Never fear, m'dear. We're all here for you! Welcome to the MFP community...this little place has totally TURNED MY LIFE AROUND. I think with your support system in person and here, you can do this. Welcome and best of luck to you! Feel free to add me.
  • mp530
    mp530 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You have taken the first steps in the right direction - congratulations!
    My best advice (as someone who has gained and lost the same 40 pounds multiple times), is that you must record EVERYTHING you put in your mouth. Never lie to yourself. If it puts you over your calories for the day, so be it. It will help you to see what effect it has on you.
    You can do this! Best of luck!
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the my fitness pal family!! You can do this!! Working in the health care field is the most rewarding thing in life besides being a parent.. I was a nursing assistant for many years and saying I loved it was an understatement!! Feel free to add me and I will help you and give you all the support and friendship you need and deserve!! - Heather
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You're already heading in the right direction! Feel free to add me if you like :)

Katie
  • sarahazen
    sarahazen Posts: 34
    Options
    you can add me....offering support may help me too!
  • sarahazen
    sarahazen Posts: 34
    Options
    you can add me....offering support may help me too!
  • nuttyflakes
    Options
    Hi, I am not new here, but have not really talked to anyone.. At christmas I wieghed 309 pounds. I decided I had to do something to get things turned around. I started changing my eating habits and excercising every day. It was not until the end of May that I learned about this web site and signed up. I was working out on my own at first, then in May joined a gym because the work out here was no longer sufficiant. That is a key. Excercis everyday. I was doing step aerobics at home. When I first started, I was doing good to last 20 min. I am up to an hour of step aerobics, walk an hour a day and do strength training at the gym. I am now at 155 pounds and according to the dukan diet at my goal weight. I want to go down about 25 more to be at my ideal weight. I was on high blood pressure meds and cholestoral meds at christmas.. i am now off of all of my meds and feel great. If i can do it, anyone can. I exercise in front of the tv watching cooking and food shows.. after watching them while excercising, I really dont want to eat the food.. I will encourage you and help you any way I can...
  • kjwilkins
    kjwilkins Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are on this site and acknowledging that you want to make a difference is a start for you. It's never too late to turn things around. You deserve the life that being physically, emotionally, and mentally healthy will allow you to have. Hang in there and be conscious of any words or actions that are counter productive to your success. Good Luck and God Bless!
  • kjwilkins
    kjwilkins Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are on this site and acknowledging that you want to make a difference is a start for you. It's never too late to turn things around. You deserve the life that being physically, emotionally, and mentally healthy will allow you to have. Hang in there and be conscious of any words or actions that are counter productive to your success. Good Luck and God Bless!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    you'll find great support and resources here! Welcome
    Drink lots of water then drink more water lol

Today is the first day of the rest of your life
    Enjoy it

This is a very helpful blog posted just recently: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/N_BEAST_MODE_24_7/view/rules-for-weight-loss-130104

Basic 'rules' to keep in mind
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are off to a great start. The most important step is wanting this changer for yourself. Now that you want and ready to make change you will do it! Good for you! You are going to do just great!
  • BlueAventer
    BlueAventer Posts: 129
    Options
    Welcome! You'll love it here. This is a fantastic place to hang out. If you're feeling discouraged, check out the Success Stories forum. I do every day. You CAN do it! Feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:
  • alwayzalady30
    alwayzalady30 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You have taken the first steps in the right direction - congratulations!
    My best advice (as someone who has gained and lost the same 40 pounds multiple times), is that you must record EVERYTHING you put in your mouth. Never lie to yourself. If it puts you over your calories for the day, so be it. It will help you to see what effect it has on you.
    You can do this! Best of luck!

Im new here also, just joined yesterday. But the best advice I was given was stated above "NEVER LIE TO YOURSELF, IF IT PUTS YOU OVER YOUR CALORIES FOR THE DAY, SO BE IT." In the end this is your life, do this for YOU, but were all here to support you, and each other... add me if you'de like...
  • HisBeloved65
    HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
    Options
    I am 390 pounds, and I can't allow myself to hit 400. :( I am here to change my life, and I am desperate for help. I'm a LPN in a nursing home, and it's become too hard for me to my job well. I have to turn this around, and I have to do it now or my life will just collapse completely. Right now I am working with a couple of coworkers, my physician, and a dietitian to design a plan that will hopefully work for me. I have the rough draft, and am ready to get started, but could definitely use some help and friendship here. I am not exactly a social butterfly, and I've allowed most of my friendships to fail. So yeah, I'm in pretty bad shape. :(

I wish you all the best. You can do it! Once you get going, it really works here on MFP. If I can encourage you, I would say~ drink tons of water. Do some form of exercise everyday whether that is something cardio in nature and track all your food! I would to be able to be your friend here and have a front row seat to your transformation!
  • annton5
    annton5 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Fitness Pal! You have definitely come to the right place. I know that if we all work together, we will help you lose the weight and get back on track. :smile: Feel free to add me.
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    Welcome, I'm sure you've got loads of friends now but feel free to add me if you need any support. You've come to the right place!
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    welcome! I know exactly how you feel. I feared hitting 300 pounds and then I did. Yikes! my highest weight was 315 and it was aweful because I am not all that tall. I was miserable. In March I decided to turn this thing around. I kept telling myself that I was not going to come to the end of this year and be at the same place that I started it out as. I also don't want to turn 50 next year with out having some major significant changes. This site is so inspiring. I see testimonials all the time of people who have done what we came here to do. you can do this, WE can do this. Good luck :)