Fitness attire

Options

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    As for the women being bothered, it is no different than any other place: would you staring at me a certain way make you a creep in the office or in the street? If yes, same thing applies at the gym. Would you staring at me be so obvious and rude that I would end up coming to you and explain to you in a very loud voice why you are a creep, if we met in the street or any other random place? If yes, then you can bet you do not want to try it at the gym, unless you enjoy having lots of people looking and laughing at you ;)
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    As a note. I'm super jealous of women who can work out in just a sports bra and guys in good enough shape to workout shirtless. I hate feeling trapped in sweaty clothes, I would kill to workout shirtless. One of these day, one of these days.
  • tanny20171
    tanny20171 Posts: 46 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    It would bother me, but then again I would never wear a sports bra alone. If I swim I wear a towel until the minute I get in the pool and if I am in the gym I wear baggy t shirts. For everyone else's sake more than anything lol it is not a pretty sight
  • susanayt97
    susanayt97 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    susanayt97 wrote: »
    That's one of the reasons I don't go to the gym. I don't even feel comfortable walking down the street in a winter coat, imagine wearing a sports bra in the gym! But of course there's nothing wrong with looking, as long as it doesn't get creepy.
    What's wrong with a winter coat, sus?! You are fully covered.....

I just wanna die every time I feel eyes on me, even if I'm fully covered haha, I'm just always uncomfortable in public
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    misnomer1 wrote: »
    i walk in, do my stuff, make minimal eye contact, and walk out.

Bingo. this right here.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I wear full length/capri compression pants/tights (depending on my workout for the day, running vs lifting) and a t-shirt or performance shirt. I don't care what other people are wearing, but I do know that I once wore sweat pants to a 10k and will never again wear pants to exercise that have a raised inner seam for my thighs. It was incredibly painful. I also don't wear shorts for thigh chafing reasons as well.

So I assume people wear whatever is comfortable for them, in order to do what they came there to do. Otherwise, I am there to workout and do my own thing- then eat.

• spartan_d
    spartan_d Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    It never bothers me when a woman wears a sports bra. I have often trained or raced alongside women who were wearing such attire. I fully understand that they do this for comfort and for performance reasons.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I wear soccer shorts, a sports bra and a tank top. Sometimes if the tanks gets too sweaty working my upper body and becomes clingy, I'll remove it. By the time I'm into my second set, I'm generally so focused that a heard of wildebeest could be roaming around and I probably wouldn't notice. I honestly don't care if someone stares at me or not.

They do make tanks from lightweight wicking fabric that doesn't get soggy and clingy. You can pick up one cheap at Goodwill or other thrift store. What do you do when your bra gets soggy & clingy?
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I wear what I want and if people want to look then I guess there's no crime in looking but comments or car beeping or anything is unacceptable
  • 1beDoggone
    1beDoggone Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Trying to add healthy habits to my new lifestyle.
    I bought gym fitted capris pants for exercising and some looser gym thin tshirts. (They really are cooler.) On my way to the gym, I stopped by Walmart, ran in to get a pedometer and cold bottle of water, only to overhear 2 employees ridicule me for trying to look young (in my new exercise gear). And then the employee waiting on me said, "Aren't you a brave lady?" I said excuse me, and she said she just meant me coming to the store on such a hot day.
    I said, I know what you meant.
    Well, now I am 12 pounds lighter and I get in her line. She doesn't voice any other opinions to me.
    But everytime, I even think about eating extra carbs, I just picture those 2 sneering ladies, and I am determined to stay focussed on what I need to do for me. I can change my weight, but I think they both need to work on being kind and not ugly to others.
  • laurabadams
    laurabadams Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    6g1bfq81s75p.png

Yes. I love this meme. Thanks for posting. :joy:
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    1beDoggone wrote: »
    Trying to add healthy habits to my new lifestyle.
    I bought gym fitted capris pants for exercising and some looser gym thin tshirts. (They really are cooler.) On my way to the gym, I stopped by Walmart, ran in to get a pedometer and cold bottle of water, only to overhear 2 employees ridicule me for trying to look young (in my new exercise gear). And then the employee waiting on me said, "Aren't you a brave lady?" I said excuse me, and she said she just meant me coming to the store on such a hot day.
    I said, I know what you meant.
    Well, now I am 12 pounds lighter and I get in her line. She doesn't voice any other opinions to me.
    But everytime, I even think about eating extra carbs, I just picture those 2 sneering ladies, and I am determined to stay focussed on what I need to do for me. I can change my weight, but I think they both need to work on being kind and not ugly to others.

That was tacky of them!
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I wear capris and full length tights. I wear a lot of criss cross (think spider web) racer back tanks with the sports bra built in, or a sports bra with a tank that has strategic back or side cut outs layered over it. I worked hard for how I look. I want to look stylish, be comfortable, and not overheat in the gym.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    There's a guy at my gym that I've nicknamed "The 11," 'cause he is legit an 11.

I have trouble focusing on the days he wears his clingy muscle shirt...I can ignore him on the days he wears a baggy t shirt. Does this make me a perv? or just human?

I wouldn't care one bit if stared at me if I was only wearing a sports bra...I never wear just a sports bra though.
  • laurabadams
    laurabadams Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    There's a guy at my gym that I've nicknamed "The 11," 'cause he is legit an 11.

I have trouble focusing on the days he wears his clingy muscle shirt...I can ignore him on the days he wears a baggy t shirt. Does this make me a perv? or just human?

I wouldn't care one bit if stared at me if I was only wearing a sports bra...I never wear just a sports bra though.

It goes to 11? :wink:
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    . . . I obviously I belong to the wrong gym ;) I did visit one, once that had some eye-candy but since it was sort of circular you couldn't stare :'(

I tend not to look at anyone and the few times I have, I stumbled a bit on whatever cardio machine I was on. I have gotten compliments so I guess that means someone was looking at me, but staring scares me. I would suggest if you get caught, smile and divert your attention.