Why am I stalling so bad? I recently took dairy out of my diet, could that be?

Options

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Removing dairy would only make you stall if you replaced it with things that have more calories (and didn't account for that somehow).

Are you logging calories?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    You're already at a healthy weight? It's really hard to lose those last few. It took me nine months to lose the last 20, and I had previously lost over 50 pounds in less than eight months.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Did you remove something like skim milk? The protein in it could have been holding your hunger at bay.
  • Rivvvy
    Rivvvy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You're already at a healthy weight? It's really hard to lose those last few. It took me nine months to lose the last 20, and I had previously lost over 50 pounds in less than eight months.

Oh really? Yeah im on my last 10
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Rivvvy wrote: »
    misnomer1 wrote: »
    no additional stats/details. dont expect useful help.

Ooo feisty
    I don't know how this app works really and my 10 month old is teething
    But thanks for this!

If you'd like, you can share some information that would help us offer advice. How long has it been since you've lost weight? How many calories are you eating per day? Is your logging accurate (weighing solid foods, choosing correct database entries, etc)?
  • Rivvvy
    Options
    Removing dairy would only make you stall if you replaced it with things that have more calories (and didn't account for that somehow).

Yes every single thing!
  • janejellyroll
    Options

Yes every single thing!

If you open your diary, we may be able to help you identify if you're got logging errors.
  • Rivvvy
    Options

Yes every single thing!

If you open your diary, we may be able to help you identify if you're got logging errors.

How do I do that?
  • janejellyroll
    Options

Yes every single thing!

How do I do that?

If you're on the website, click "Settings" on the top of the page and then click "Diary Settings."
  • Rivvvy
    Options

Yes every single thing!

How do I do that?

If you're on the website, click "Settings" on the top of the page and then click "Diary Settings."

Thank you so so much! It's public now!
  • Rivvvy
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Ooo feisty
    I don't know how this app works really and my 10 month old is teething
    But thanks for this!
    By golly I think I have it! Your teething baby is causing you undue stress, and perhaps you are sleepwalking and raiding the fridge. Could that be it? :o

Lolol I do stress eat his food but I try my best to count it!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Well, don't expect it to fall off the way the first pounds did. Your body wants a little layer of fat and you can't cut calories too low now that you are in a healthy weight range, so steady-as-she-goes. Set your goal for 1/2 pound loss per week, so you don't find yourself binging and so you protect your health. At this point it's really important to log everything accurately and get some exercise as often as possible.

You'll get there. You look great already, so it's just vanity pounds. Well done. :flowerforyou:
  • Rivvvy
    Options

Well, don't expect it to fall off the way the first pounds did. Your body wants a little layer of fat and you can't cut calories too low now that you are in a healthy weight range, so steady-as-she-goes. Set your goal for 1/2 pound loss per week, so you don't find yourself binging and so you protect your health. At this point it's really important to log everything accurately and get some exercise as often as possible.

You'll get there. You look great already, so it's just vanity pounds. Well done. :flowerforyou:

Ok I will set it to that! I've never been a "healthy weight" so I don't know much about it! Thank you ❤❤
  • Rivvvy
    Options
    Kekekylene wrote: »
    holy smokes, um you are probably stalling because you aren't eating anything, what are your stats? Do you exercise? You should be logging your exercise and eating those calories back as well. Are you weighing everything and making sure that your entries are accurate?

Hey! I eat!
    I just started running. So I'll put that in.
    Yes my food is accurate.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Kekekylene wrote: »
    holy smokes, um you are probably stalling because you aren't eating anything, what are your stats? Do you exercise? You should be logging your exercise and eating those calories back as well. Are you weighing everything and making sure that your entries are accurate?

^^^^
    This

You're averaging less than 1100 calories a day! That's super low, especially if you're trying to keep up with a 10 month old. Is there a reason why you've set your limits so low?