Workout for the Office

I recently started getting my weight back on track. I have found a diet that is working for me and something I can see myself staying on when I finally get the weight off. I recently bought a treadmill and I have been trying to use it at least 5 days a week while watching my shows in the evening. I have recently started to incorporate a strength training into my day. My problem is that I sit at a desk all day. I notice on the days I get up and do squats, push ups, ect. that I feel better and want to work out in the evenings. My question is does anyone have an other body weight exercise that can be done in the office. My day is sometimes super slow and then other days it keeps me pretty busy. My boss are pretty laid back as long as my work is done they don't care what I do with my free time. Today I brought in a 12 in step and did some steps but found my self pretty winded when I went to answer the phone. An extra small work outs that are possible to do in an office would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 781 Member
    I just ordered an under desk exercise bike, $30 on ebay. I'm in the same boat, I hope it works for me.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I go for a walk at lunch time and do strength training at home. I close my door and use a Leslie Sansone "walking" video on YouTube, or walk outside if it's not too hot (go autumn!).

Resistance bands might work.......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnxSPP_Tg5I

Chair dips are great for your triceps
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Squats. Dips off your chair. Walking around the office. High knees. Walking lunges.
  • angiemann2007
    angiemann2007 Posts: 17 Member
    I've even used hand weights at work when I was slow ... nobody noticed, I didn't get super sweaty, and my arms thanked me lol also the dips, lunges, squats ...
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 142 Member
    I am lucky I am literally the only person there from 9 to 4. Office manager for a small company. These are great ideas. Thank you!