Snack free 7 days challenge

Options
daneejela
daneejela Posts: 461 Member
The challenge is simple - no snack for a 7 days (1 week). You define how much meals you're allowed to have (3, 4, 5..) and stick with it for a 7 days.
Snacking is one of the biggest sources of mindless eating. It makes us vulnerable to constant temptations.
My experience is that even my focus is better when I don't snack, because I don't think about what to eat and I don't get into endless debate with myself, since it's not an option then.
In my most successful period of weight loss I had stopped snacking, but recently I've lost that habit. I would like to get back to it again.
So, if you'd like to try it for 7 days - let's do it together :)

Replies

• maddythorn
    maddythorn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • wilsonbarb65
    wilsonbarb65 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I joined the losing 30lbs by Christmas Challenge so I think I'll join this one too. It will help jumpstart the other one :p:p
  • daneejela
    Options
    Awesome :)

I am starting today, plan is to have 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner) .
  • samanthacraig0157
    samanthacraig0157 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in ❤️
  • PeakLiving17
    PeakLiving17 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sign me up. It's kinda convenient this post, I dabbling with a no sugar week for bants this week.

This should be a fun week :)
  • daneejela
    Options
    Awesome! So nice to have a company :) ❤️
  • PinkamenaD8
    PinkamenaD8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'll eat clean this week so I'm too. I won't snack besides my planned 2 daily meals unless is a healthy food that won't interfere my calorie deficit.
  • daneejela
    Options
    So far so good :) I have survived the breakfast to lunch gap, now dealing with the lunch - dinner gap.
    There are figs and grapes growing literally around me (I am on the country side at the moment) but I didn't had any
  • daneejela
    Options
    Day 1 - Done :)
  • PeakLiving17
    Options
    daneejela wrote: »
    Day 1 - Done :)

Day 1 done here too. Although I have my sister coming over and she notoriously carries snack food with her....

I should be fine though. Was a higher calorie day today :)
  • PeakLiving17
    Options
    Day 2 Commences! Hope everyone's does great today too :smile:
  • daneejela
    Options
    Day 1 - Done
    Day 2 - Done

Two days behind, now, let's conquer Day 3 :)

How are you guys doing? :)
  • daneejela
    Options
    I slipped :( Two days I did great, then two days I slipped.
    Well, I'm dusting off and trying again.

This time I am aiming to at least 3 days streak :)
  • PinkamenaD8
    PinkamenaD8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I completed the week, only snacked the first day but this monday is ending so 7 days already, I didn't had strictly 2 meals, sometimes I spread my food into 3 or 4 meals but never succumbed to cravings or ate when I wasn't hungry, except a dinner when I overate. Snacking is not the problem for me, the problem is overeating.

@daneejela figs and grapes aren't food I'd consider a snack like beer, pastries, hotdogs, pizza, fries, etc., you could've put them as a part of a meal, if you do some activity like cardio a piece of fruit is pretty good to replenish your energy, maybe you could try to be less strict with the number of meals and include some more small meals not going over your calorie goal, arranging meals is not necessary when you know you're making progress
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    i'd die.. good luck to u all!!
  • ankur02964
    ankur02964 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Let's do this!
  • daneejela
    Options
    @PinkamenaD8 I agree that fruit isn't the same like snacking chips, fries, etc. I also don't think that few figs or cup of a grapes is problematic, but they surely add up through the day if mindlessly eaten.

My main problem is that I work from home, I can eat any time I want, there is no restriction. Most of people have some kind of imposed routine that help them to structure eating habits too. I don't have that, so I am trying to build it on my own.

If I don't start snacking I feel hunger a bit before mealtime. But if I allow myself to snack, it's like puling out one of those endless tapes from the box. :)

But maybe I should go for a 4 meals instead of my initial 3, specially in those long summer days.

Btw. Great work with completing the challenge!! :star:
  • wilsonbarb65
    wilsonbarb65 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Went snack free for 11 Days!! Yay me.