New and looking for mommy friends to help along the way

My name is mariam, I have 5 children and I'm now weighing my heaviest at nearly 200lbs. I really need to lose weight as my health is being severely affected, please add me and help me in my journey and I will help u x

Replies

• halmej
    halmej Posts: 12 Member
    I too am a Momma! I have 3 kids ages 2, 3, and 4. It's easy to let yourself go when so many need you! I started out 2 months ago at 186 and now down to 167. I haven't been this thin since before I had my fist baby, it is possible!!
  • jelizabeth713
    jelizabeth713 Posts: 98 Member
    My name is Julie, I'm a mom also and have one daughter who's 5. Y'all put me to shame lol.
    My heaviest ever was 190, I gained 50 lbs when pregnant and just now lost the last 20 lbs to get back to my pre prego size at 145! Add me if you'd like some support :smile:
  • halmej
    halmej Posts: 12 Member
    I have definitely been bigger then 186! My heaviest was 200, I lost some but never focused on it much
  • ashleyaguillon94
    ashleyaguillon94 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi ladies!!! My name is Ashley, I am a mother of a 4 year old daughter and a 13 year old step-son. I started tracking for the millionth time two weeks ago at my heaviest 238lbs. I have since lost 5 lbs and discovered I like yoga :) had my first class yesterday and can't wait to go again Thursday. Add me for support :)
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    We have a similar story! Baby #6 born in January! We can do this!
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    I am a mom of 3 kiddos. I would love to connect with other moms trying to get healthy. I have put myself and my health on the back burner for so long that I am now almost 200 lbs and at 5 ft 3 that is entirely too much weight on my frame. I have lost and gained before so I am nervous about keeping this up this time around so friends would be great (not sure how to add friends, though). I am taking a slightly different approach this time. I am scheduling exercise time into my week and honoring it like a job. I am letting go of the mom guilt of giving myself some time to take care of me. I am realizing that when I feel better I am a better mom. I am modeling a healthy lifestyle so that is good. I am realizing that taking care of myself is taking care of my family. This might not be news to you but it was a light bulb moment for me.
  • Mariamamjad
    Mariamamjad Posts: 83 Member
    mlrtri wrote: »
    I am a mom of 3 kiddos. I would love to connect with other moms trying to get healthy. I have put myself and my health on the back burner for so long that I am now almost 200 lbs and at 5 ft 3 that is entirely too much weight on my frame. I have lost and gained before so I am nervous about keeping this up this time around so friends would be great (not sure how to add friends, though). I am taking a slightly different approach this time. I am scheduling exercise time into my week and honoring it like a job. I am letting go of the mom guilt of giving myself some time to take care of me. I am realizing that when I feel better I am a better mom. I am modeling a healthy lifestyle so that is good. I am realizing that taking care of myself is taking care of my family. This might not be news to you but it was a light bulb moment for me.

U have just described my life, I'm a,most 200lbs, I am 5ft 3, definitely will be nice to get rid of this weight and finally keep it off x
  • mmroberts1985
    mmroberts1985 Posts: 6 Member
    I am a 5ft2 mom of three boys (6, 5, 3). At my heaviest 200lbs (I only went up to 205 when pregnant) last year and lost 15lbs. Slowly went back to old habits and gained back 8. Realized that I need to just do it after my amazing cousin lost 50lbs. She is my inspiration and mentor. My husband needs to lose weight but doesn't care to so not a whole lot of support there when he is eating chips at night and I have carrots. Anyone please feel free to ad me. I am very serious and looking for more inspiration and support.
  • metalwitch451
    metalwitch451 Posts: 6 Member
    Hey all im Sam im 34 single mum with 4 girls. Im getting myself back on the right track with my weight loss feel free to add me as a friend :smile: