Please share your personal mantra.....

Options
Wikipedia partially defines mantra as "word or phonemes, or group of words believed by practitioners to have psychological and spiritual powers"

Here is mine which I believe has greatly helped me melt 35lbs away in the last 136 days. I take a deep breath and repeat it every morning, before every meal, and right before bed.

"It's better to feel fit and thin, than full and fat"

I am learning to like myself again :# ...

Replies

• diana0x1
    diana0x1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Are u really gonna be the fat girl all ur life
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Never, ever give up!
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I created a plan for myself, so my matra is "stick to the plan"
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Small daily improvements lead to staggering long term results. - Robin Sharma
  • krushal8880
    krushal8880 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Patience and keep working hard every day.
  • CatastrophicPuns
    CatastrophicPuns Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Whenever I work out, especially by myself, I always hate that third set/round...that's when I start to get tired and I always always want to quit. In order to combat my quitter's attitude, I always tell myself, the first set is just a test, the second set is a warm up. The third set is the one that changes you. So whenever I get pooped, I always think, if I don't do at least that third set, I'm wasting my time, because I'll never change if I don't go through with it.
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a mantra. There are so many good sayings out there. I have a note on my computer that says "A goal without a plan is only a wish." So I guess, that is what I am using today.

However, I did hear of some model's mantra (around 10 years ago or so). I believe it was "Food never taste as good as skinny feels." I remember she got some backlash for that when she said it. But, for me, it has actually worked when tempted by sweets at the office or at events.
  • carissalounsbury
    carissalounsbury Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    From Hungry for Change on Netflix, "I accept myself, unconditionally, right now." It has helped me with my self-love so much. I also have on my phone's lock screen a post from a vegan weightlifter, "Prove them Wrong" ^_^
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Embrace the grind.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    80% of success is just showing up.
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Someday is not a day of the week.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    One day at a time
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    The only easy day was yesterday.
  • cargotrailer
    cargotrailer Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    "Endeavor to persevere"
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Exercise- Just do it.
    Drinking- One day at a time.
    Eating- You really don't want to have to lose this weight yet again, do you??
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels."
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels."

Agree 100%. I had to get below my walking around weight for an athletic competition recently so any "cheats or treats" were out for a little while. The moment the event was over teammates and I became gluttonous with sugary junk. It really wasn't as great as I thought it would be in my head. I realized I can never go back to being fat. Nothing I have sampled on this planet makes me feel the way I feel right now.