Can't loose more weight......

Ok so I started 50 days a go lost 17 lbs the first 40 days ....but since 10 days ago seems like my scale is stuck

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    It happens. This could have something to do with your time of the month or maybe you need to recalibrate your MFP with your new weight and see If it gives you lower calories. Keep logging, keep at it, you'll see a reduction.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    17 lbs in 6 weeks is very aggressive, even taking into consideration some of it was water weight, unless you are obese. You should not expect to lose that quickly all the time. And it is perfectly normal for the scale not to move for a couple of weeks every once and awhile. Be patient, and please take care of yourself.
  • rojiblankalizz
    rojiblankalizz Posts: 38 Member
    I started at 200 lbs I'm 5'7", I'm currently at 183 lbs
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    I started at 200 lbs I'm 5'7", I'm currently at 183 lbs

So set your goal to lose 1 lb per week, and use a food scale to log accurately and consistently. And keep in mind that women have to deal with water weight shifts regularly which can mask weight loss or gain. You are looking for trends over weeks and months, not days :drinker:
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Have you updated your MFP profile with your new weight so MFP can adjust your calories based on your loss?
  • rojiblankalizz
    Have you updated your MFP profile with your new weight so MFP can adjust your calories based on your loss?

No I haven't I didn't know we could do that but I will
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    Wow!! That is awesome! 17 lbs in 40 days girl!! I have lost 10 in about 35. I started at 196 and I am at 186. How did you lose so fast??
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Wow!! That is awesome! 17 lbs in 40 days girl!! I have lost 10 in about 35. I started at 196 and I am at 186. How did you lose so fast??

Assuming that ~5 pounds is likely to be water weight, the math works out to a 1050ish deficit over the 40 days. That's going to get VERY difficult to maintain at her ht/wt going forward.

OP- you started off very aggressively (which is fine) but please take note that as you get smaller, it will be more and more difficult and then impossible to continue to lose at the same weight. As you get closer to your goal, you should be setting your deficit to be smaller and smaller. It will take longer to lose each pound as you go forward. This is completely normal and how healthy weight loss is supposed to work :). Be patient and hang in there!
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Awesome work! How hard did you try to shake it loose? I would just shake harder!
  • rojiblankalizz

Im just keeping track of everything I eat, my calorie limit is at 1580 but I usually take 1350 .I'm exercising 45min to an hour everyday! And I'm drinking Lots of water....
  • rojiblankalizz
    DamieBird wrote: »

Assuming that ~5 pounds is likely to be water weight, the math works out to a 1050ish deficit over the 40 days. That's going to get VERY difficult to maintain at her ht/wt going forward.

OP- you started off very aggressively (which is fine) but please take note that as you get smaller, it will be more and more difficult and then impossible to continue to lose at the same weight. As you get closer to your goal, you should be setting your deficit to be smaller and smaller. It will take longer to lose each pound as you go forward. This is completely normal and how healthy weight loss is supposed to work :). Be patient and hang in there!

Thanks! And yeah I'm still learning about this lol
    I guess I'm just too impatient lol .....ill just keep going and hopefully see more progress
  • rojiblankalizz
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Losing weight fast should not be the goal. Losing weight at a pace that spares as much muscle mass as possible and with enough fuel so you don't crash and rebound is a more forward-thinking goal.

Undereating plus not eating back some exercise calories is a recipe for fast weight loss that you will leave you looking skinny-fat and/or quickly regaining it once you stop depriving yourself.

Thanks ..im learning something new each day! I never eat back my exercise calories ......and yeah you're right it took me 12 years to come from a size 1 to a size 16 it will take some time to come back down! Lol... thanks!!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Losing weight fast should not be the goal. Losing weight at a pace that spares as much muscle mass as possible and with enough fuel so you don't crash and rebound is a more forward-thinking goal.

Undereating plus not eating back some exercise calories is a recipe for fast weight loss that you will leave you looking skinny-fat and/or quickly regaining it once you stop depriving yourself.

And, long term it leads to hair loss, brittle nails, and other minor issues. Longer term it can lead to major issues.

Stick with the program, eat the calories allowed (don't aim to go under) and aim for ~1 lb per week loss, less as you get close to your goal.

I can stall for 2-3 weeks then lose 5 lbs in a couple days. It's just the way it is.