Anyone else here trying to grow their hips?

Options
Has anyone else here got any experience of growing of growing their hips or lessening their hip dips?

I've watched some YouTube videos about what exercises to do but I just wondered if anyone could tell me what worked for them :)

Replies

• bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    The surest way to widen the hips is pregnancy. Rather extreme I know.....

Even that's not a guarantee. I've had two kids and have basically no hips
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Aaaah @bendyourkneekatie there's no cure for genetics. Pregnancy did the trick for me.
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    OK. I'm confused. Obviously it's an aesthetic decision, but why would you *want* larger hips?

Hip dips are indented areas on either side of your hips. Some people are bugged by them. Other than that, some women want to develop a curvier hip area in general.

I had no idea this was even a thing. Now there's a new "flaw" women are supposed to care about? Please.

Exactly!
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    OK. I'm confused. Obviously it's an aesthetic decision, but why would you *want* larger hips?

Hip dips are indented areas on either side of your hips. Some people are bugged by them. Other than that, some women want to develop a curvier hip area in general.

I had no idea this was even a thing. Now there's a new "flaw" women are supposed to care about? Please.

Yes, this is a very new thing all over Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube. It's genetic and it's awful that people are feeling self conscious about it. I saw a post on IG about someone wanting dermal fillers for them.
    Sad.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options

yeah, they got tired of the thigh gap :p or idk, maybe they just finally realized that thigh gap and the bubblebutt fashion don't quite exactly match up.

some artist with a bit of snark to her should make us a composite 'woman' composed of all the different super-important-supposedly-must-have fashion features, all in one package.

op, i am not interested in hip dips per se. but for 'safety' reasons i did want/need far stronger glute medius and other hip stabilizers, so a few months ago i started doing basic lateral-step stuff with a basic theraband for tension.

it definitely did what i needed it to, strength-wise. but i mention it mostly because yeah, it did do something or other to the way my hips seem to be shaped. idk how to describe it except to say that i feel like everythign is 'rounder'. the bony landmarks are still there but they're way harder to find.

i'm not personally all that pleased about it, to tell you the truth. but ymmv on that one.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,107 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Yeah, it wasn't until I came to MFP, and only came to my attention a few months ago, that my "hip dips" are flaws. Who knew. And here I was going through life feeling quite satisfied with the way my hips look.

• VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »

So I can squat heavier weight easier.

You'd also get the added bonus of having jeans fit your waist and quads! (Most all men that are muscular have this problem, I'm just assuming you do to).
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Do you mean grow wider hips? I think that if your waist reduced, your hips would look larger/wider. I don't know how you would actually grow your hips..
  • Bann554
    Bann554 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Haha. I've had larger hips since I was 16. Wish I could give you some of mine. Ive lost 25lbs and still can't get rid of then. Good luck!
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Larger hips are not always a blessing. My size 10 jeans (Levi's 501's - 100% cotton) are starting to get loose. I wear a size 6 top. Not fun when having to buy a dress.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I was shocked, after years of having an hourglass figure, to discover I genetically had hip dips under that fat.

I love them.