What do you consider to be the best frozen connivence meal you have tried?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Stouffer's FitKitchen line is my go to. I love the protein level and the fact that they don't try to shove kale down your throat in order to look "healthier." So far my favorites are the Chicken with Cashews bowl, Monterey Chicken, Sweet & Smoky BBQ and Chicken Enchilada Verde. I've tried all but three from this Stouffer's line.

I've also been known to eat an entire bag of the Bird's Eye Steamfresh Protein Blends (it's what I'm eating for lunch today).
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I like the Marie Callender dinners, they're not super healthy but they're reasonable, usually 400-500 calories, and you get decent portion sizes which is my big complaint with the diet brands. My favorite MC dinner is the Herb Roasted chicken. I also like the Chicken Alfredo Bake. They're all pretty good and way higher quality than something like Banquet or Swanson. I'd say the MCs are on par with Stouffer's. Also very reasonably priced at $2.50 or so.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    Stouffer's FitKitchen line is my go to. I love the protein level and the fact that they don't try to shove kale down your throat in order to look "healthier." So far my favorites are the Chicken with Cashews bowl, Monterey Chicken, Sweet & Smoky BBQ and Chicken Enchilada Verde. I've tried all but three from this Stouffer's line.

I've also been known to eat an entire bag of the Bird's Eye Steamfresh Protein Blends (it's what I'm eating for lunch today).

Here here, I can't say enough good things about the Fit Kitchen line. They are not overly expensive, they are tasty, and they are big enough to keep me full.
  • Strong_Savannah
    Strong_Savannah Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have recently tried a few of Smart Made meals, and thought they were good. Although, the portion size is laughable to me! I def couldn't eat just only that for a meal. Even though they taste good, I probably would not buy them again because of the size.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    Since we're talking convenience and not calorie content - order a pizza and freeze your leftovers as individual servings wrapped in tin foil. Reheat for ~10 minutes in a 375F degree oven or in a covered skillet on the stovetop.

Pizza and other bread-based products defrosts/reheats amazingly well. Too bad pizza is the devil.

Love this idea and do it myself! Makes it easy to control portions, I don't waste food and I have it in the freezer when I'm craving pizza!
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    Since we're talking convenience and not calorie content - order a pizza and freeze your leftovers as individual servings wrapped in tin foil. Reheat for ~10 minutes in a 375F degree oven or in a covered skillet on the stovetop.

Pizza and other bread-based products defrosts/reheats amazingly well. Too bad pizza is the devil.

Love this idea and do it myself! Makes it easy to control portions, I don't waste food and I have it in the freezer when I'm craving pizza!

That is actually something I have tried before! The lowest calorie delivery pie I have been able to find is from Domino's and it's the thin crust pacific veg. Brushing aside the fact that ordering from places like Pizza Hut and Domino's is nearly considered a firing squad worthy act here in Chicago, throwing a couple of slices in the toaster over for a reheat has worked out well.