Options

Replies

• Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    You just walked in from work.

You went to the bedroom to pull your shoes off, or maybe your favorite chair and you're having a drink, maybe you went directly to the toilet even.

Lets just say that you're comfortable, content and quite happy about things in general, when it happens...

You hear a slithery sound. Maybe a slight rattling. Then you see it, sliding itself across the floor towards you:

a 5 foot snake has just entered your life at the most inopportune of moments- its gotten very close to you and doesn't show any signs of backing off. you don't know if its poisonous or not, but are you willing to take that chance?

how would you survive or escape this scenario?

Is it rattling or not? That makes a difference since only rattlers rattle and they are venomous, not poisonous as poisonous is a term for something you eat.

What if I want to eat the venomous snake? Is it poisonous then??

If you bite it and you die it's poisonous, if it bites you and you die, it's venomous :lol:

What if I bite it and it dies?

You have VD.

I know that but I'm asking what does it mean if I bite the snake and it dies?
  • BeachHot23
    BeachHot23 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

You went to the bedroom to pull your shoes off, or maybe your favorite chair and you're having a drink, maybe you went directly to the toilet even.

Lets just say that you're comfortable, content and quite happy about things in general, when it happens...

You hear a slithery sound. Maybe a slight rattling. Then you see it, sliding itself across the floor towards you:

a 5 foot snake has just entered your life at the most inopportune of moments- its gotten very close to you and doesn't show any signs of backing off. you don't know if its poisonous or not, but are you willing to take that chance?

Is it rattling or not? That makes a difference since only rattlers rattle and they are venomous, not poisonous as poisonous is a term for something you eat.

If you bite it and you die it's poisonous, if it bites you and you die, it's venomous :lol:

You have VD.

You got some killer chompers lol
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    We only have one venomous snake in the UK so I have a 50/50 chance of surviving this scenario.

For any UK folks who want to know how to tell the difference. Zig zag pattern along spine = Adder so venomous. Yellow collar around neck = Grass Snake so not venomous.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    BeachHot23 wrote: »

You have VD.

I show them off while wearing killer rompers.
  • MistyB023
    MistyB023 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I would not survive this encounter. :s
  • BeachHot23
    BeachHot23 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    BeachHot23 wrote: »

You have VD.

I show them off while wearing killer rompers.

Only way to go lol
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    I've actually been faced with this.

It was a rattlesnake and we didn't like each other.

I froze in my tracks and he slithered under a sofa.

It was a bit of a Mexican Standoff (without the Mexico).
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    I'd get the frying pan
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Grab a shovel in one hand, my dance sword in the other. And scream as loud as I can for my pet honey badger.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Eh, it's a snake. I'd keep them as pets if my place would let me. :D

cft33fkicstz.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »

What the? How do any of you fitness pals live in states that are snake infested? Doesn't it worry you day and night? It should. Stuff like this actually happens and it's a nightmare. What if you were sleeping and woke up to find a snake staring at you in your bed? My first order of priority is to live in a snake free habitat. It's okay if the temp is fifty below zero Fahrenheit and all I own is a pair of sandals. As long as there's no snakes.

I went for an early morning run and there was a nice shade tree by the side of the road casting shadows of it's branches with the rising sun.

As I approached, a couple of the shadows slithered towards me.

.... it was a short run.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    First identify the risk. Triangular head, poisonous. Black and yella, kill a fella. If not either of those, harmless.
    If it's big and purple, it's your friend as it preys on poisonous snakes.

If it's less that 20 ft long, it's not hunting you. If you are in Florida, you can't even see a 20 foot long snake that is hunting you.
  • Renaissance_Turtle
    Renaissance_Turtle Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Meh, it's just a snake. Move real slow then snatch it up behind the head & throw it back out in the yard where it belongs. Or use the toilet plunger to hold it's head down while you grab it. Either way, it's going to wait until I'm done pooping.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »

What the? How do any of you fitness pals live in states that are snake infested? Doesn't it worry you day and night? It should. Stuff like this actually happens and it's a nightmare. What if you were sleeping and woke up to find a snake staring at you in your bed? My first order of priority is to live in a snake free habitat. It's okay if the temp is fifty below zero Fahrenheit and all I own is a pair of sandals. As long as there's no snakes.

Im Australian..snakes everywhere. Lol

This has happened a few years ago.. came in from grocery shopping, put the bags on the table and sat on the kitchen chair. I took one shoe off and it kinda landed under table a bit, I bent down to get it and there was a fairly large redbelly black snack curled up under the table. I took table cloth off table and threw it over him and kinda scooped in into a bundle and went to door and threw it down the yard. Im not afraid of snakes, letting it get away from me wasn't an option as the kids were going to be home any minute from school I needed to know it was outside.

My youngest had a run in with the same snake I think..I heard a scream outside, I went out and she was on top of the trampoline hysterical. She'd gone to pick up what she thought was her skipping rope from near a hedge..she said it hissed at her and went into bush. Scared her badly, unfortunately for her , her father kept snakes, she never got used to them.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    If I just got home from work and was comfortable and content I would either be laying on my bed as I often do when I get home because I'm so tired or sitting in my recliner.

If I was on my bed, I'd throw my duvet over the snake, and then I'd have to jump over it to get to the bedroom door... I'm pretty confident I'd survive that scenario.

If I was on my recliner in the living room I'd be a lot more worried. The noise from the chair probably wouldn't go over well. Likely I'd have my phone on me, so I'd call my friend who is a snake enthusiast, and ask her what to do. I'd likely have my laptop too, so if I couldn't get a hold of her I'd be looking up what my best options were....I may not escape or survive this one.

OR!
    Maybe I should just call 911 preemptively and ask them to bring antivenom with the ambulance!
    This is probably my best option for survival/escape.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'd goomba it

Normal person translation: I'd jump on its head
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @MistyB023 wrote: »
    I would not survive this encounter. :s

Because your pees take too long.