Replies

• scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Nothing bad about diet coke!
  • masterwilde
    masterwilde Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ive had so many conflicting reports on diet coke, i really do not know, but i stopped drinking it for 3 weeks (all soda) and now it just tastes bad (far to sweet). I now drink blackcurrant/lemon and lime concentrate with water.
  • IsabeausRose
    IsabeausRose Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I walk 6 miles a day outside in the fresh air. It takes me 3 trips but I do it. I have lost 44 pounds with only 27 left to go. Feel free to add
  • livendive
    livendive Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm down 34 lbs so far and have about 20 more to go, with about 90% of my exercise just being walking. I also have a bad shoulder, and am actually getting it replaced next week. I'm a bit anxious about the possibility of using that as an excuse to lay around like a couch slug just watching TV and eating too much. Hopefully the pain will be tolerable in short order so I can get back to walking and sticking mostly to my regular routine, then by next year be able to do push-ups for a change! :-D
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    livendive wrote: »
    I'm down 34 lbs so far and have about 20 more to go, with about 90% of my exercise just being walking. I also have a bad shoulder, and am actually getting it replaced next week. I'm a bit anxious about the possibility of using that as an excuse to lay around like a couch slug just watching TV and eating too much. Hopefully the pain will be tolerable in short order so I can get back to walking and sticking mostly to my regular routine, then by next year be able to do push-ups for a change! :-D

I wish you well. I am in my 7th month following surgery for a torn rotator cuff.
  • CharGillott
    CharGillott Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Awesome news as I can only walk or do elipical . Thanks for posting
  • Lifeisbetteroutside
    Options
    Can you add me as a connection. I've just started my weight loss also and am walking a lot. Feels great.
  • masterwilde
    masterwilde Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    IsabeausRose... i dont know how to add friends but you can add me :)

CharGillott - walking is great, elliptical can be a great workout

Livendive - your doing excellent, keep it up, the shoulder will not stop you for a week i think. I had mine operate on last year, i was fine for walking after 4/5 days, just arm in a sling
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've started walking about 3 weeks ago. Not long, averaging 3 miles every morning. I've got a heel bursitis that flares up some days, which makes some walks painful. This post is encouraging to know walking can help in your weight loss.
  • janinemyers808
    janinemyers808 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    About 8 years ago I lost 20 lbs. by just walking and counting calories. Once I stopped counting calories, I fairly quickly I gained back 5, but found that that was a healthy weight for me (147-149 lbs, 5'7") and I could maintain it without being obsessive about counting calories, but continuing to walk. Four years ago I met my now husband and we both love to cook and eat! I've slowly gained another 10 pounds, and tipped the scale at 160 again. So, I'm back to walking and counting calories, and have lost 5 pounds already.

Walking rocks! Keep it up everyone!
  • enoughisenough3565
    Options
    I am down 67 lbs just by walking. I started just going around the block, now I average 20-25K steps a day. It can be done just by walking. Keep up the good work and please anyone feel free to add me!
  • Tausi
    Tausi Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Masterwilde, I enjoyed your updates. Still on track for Ben Nevis this summer? I have justed started daily walking and aiming for 15,000 steps or 1 hour walks per day.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Reading this with interest. I have a desk job and need to walk more at lunchtimes. I have a bad left hip so have a stick. Slopes and stairs are hard but I can manage flat walks. Wil start slow say 10-15 minutes and see how I go. I do need to start moving! Thanks for the inspiration
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    We should not forget that TO is/was very heavy and was eating a very low calorie diet. Most of his loss was from probably close to undereating, and not due to walking.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Probably true, but I do need to get moving and it will have to be slow steps...... in spite of the imminent weather I intend to start tomorrow! Can always walk indoors around where I work. Lots of corridors and stairs!
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I use Pacer and it logs about 10,000 steps for 1 hour and forty minutes of walking which is my goal every day, it seems pretty accurate as my weightloss is on track with what I burn.
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I do other exercises but also am walking. I started at 2,500 steps and gradually increased it to my highest of 24,000 steps. I get the steps through walking and the elliptical. I am trying to get 20,000 steps each day now. I eat back 1/4 of the calories it gives me. I can't walk on the treadmill because both times I tried it I ended up with plantar fasciitis in first the right foot and then the left. I also have a bad ankle and flat feet. I never used to like walking much but I kind of do now.