How Do I Turn Off MFP's Calorie Adjustment Feature?

Options
Google Fit on my phone is synced to MFP and calories were added to my total. The instructions in regard to the Settings were very confusing.

I do not want MFP taking my activity into consideration and changing my calorie max. Activity trackers are inaccurate and I don't need the bother of subtracting the calorie burn estimate.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Disconnect Google Fit from MFP or become a Premium member. The way MFP is set up you're supposed to eat those calories back.
  • MHarper522
    MHarper522 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    They were not rude. You asked why you should have to pay for it and they answered your question.

Before deciding on your fitness tracker being inaccurate, you may want to see if your weightloss matches with the burn they report. I aim for 1000 calorie deficit from the daily burn my Fitbit reports and my weightloss us right on track with what you would expect with that deficit. MFP is designed for you to eat back your calories, so if you don't account for that burn the deficit you're creating may be too large. That's not good for your health and long term success.
  • cdg122059
    cdg122059 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting with MFP, going into week 2. Since I am new, the calorie adjustment is really throwing me off.
    I would like to shut if off just until I get familiar with how the whole things works. Can this be done?
    Thank you.