Where would you like to retire?

Options
GemstoneofHeart
GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
If you could pick anywhere. Or if you are retired, where did you?

Replies

• jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    New York City
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Mars
  • Renaissance_Turtle
    Renaissance_Turtle Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Does life have to last that long? Can I live fast & die young? err I mean middle aged?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I have four daughters. I'll never retire.

Good Lord..... 4 daughters?

We have one daughter I'm certain that she took several years off of my life.

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Does life have to last that long? Can I live fast & die young? err I mean middle aged?

80 is the new middle.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

80 is the new middle.

Middle of what?
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    A cruise ship
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Fredericksburg, Texas
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    in ghana!! i need some beach action.. but i'm ready now!!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I have 3 daughters and a son, My son is the one who almost killed me :laugh:

North Queensland Australia for the winters and New South Wales in the summer.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    in ghana!! i need some beach action.. but i'm ready now!!

Gotta love the Black Stars.

Much respect for Ghana.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Why not New Zealand?

I've heard it's the greatest place on Earth.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Why not New Zealand?

I've heard it's the greatest place on Earth.

:o I thought you were my friend :p

Australia always for me
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Retirement probably won't exist in my future, which is probably for the best. Unless you're rich or live well below your means on the money you have left and don't have a disease that wipes out all your savings, retirement ends up just being stuck at home all day, watching tv, being sick and lonely. A lot of my clients greatest regrets was retiring too soon. They felt like they were somebody when they were working. Had a purpose. Start saving kiddos and find your new purpose before you retire! As to where I'd live, I already live in God's waiting room, so might as well stay.
    mt4qvvhpmalg.jpg
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Anywhere as long as I'm in one of those awesome group living homes. I'm excited about the common area where people are playing checkers or painting or all sorts of fun stuff. Then we all line up and take our medicine. I'm just going to play video games all day and flirt with the nurses.
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My husband wants to buy an RV and travel around the U.S. Assuming we could afford it, I'd love to do that for part of the year, but I'd like to have a permanent home to come back to occasionally.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    rdevol wrote: »
    My husband wants to buy an RV and travel around the U.S. Assuming we could afford it, I'd love to do that for part of the year, but I'd like to have a permanent home to come back to occasionally.

This is the best idea ever! Traveling the States, solving crimes, and getting into adventures. Plus we'll be old and our kids grown up, so we have nothing to lose.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    *If* I could retire, I'd say either the Pacific NW or Colorado.