So excited about my 40 pound loss!! 15 to next major goal !!

Options
I love this site and all the positive reinforcement. I am not getting any compliments or notice from anyone I know. I know sometimes you don't see it much on taller people. But I've lost 40 pounds and toned up ! I have 15 pounds to go to get to a major milestone loss. After that I want to lose 30 more ! Baby steps. I am loving my new high intensity work out class and yoga class too !

Replies

• debisjazz
    debisjazz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats on your progress so far. :smile:
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am glad you are kicking butt :) Good luck in the future as well!
  • cmorris30316
    cmorris30316 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    debisjazz wrote: »

Thank you ! I just got a "I'm proud of you" from the hubby so. That's a start ;)

• canarysal
    canarysal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    People are often embarrassed to say anything as often seems like they are saying you were overweight and needed to slim. The compliments will come.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! I'm new here (sadly, again) Feel free to add me. My goal is to lose a solid 15 lbs by Christmas. I want... no.. I NEED to do it, and I WILL.

I love to offer encouragement and motivation where I can.
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Well done. No matter how tall you are 40 pounds should be noticeable but remember you are doing it for you.

It can be awkward to comment on weight loss. Two years ago I lost 60 pounds (losing it again now :( ) and some people said later they did not comment as they thought I might be ill!

You are doing great - good luck with reaching your next milestone and, when you do, treat yourself to something you really want.
  • cmorris30316
    Options
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    That is AWESOME! I'm new here (sadly, again) Feel free to add me. My goal is to lose a solid 15 lbs by Christmas. I want... no.. I NEED to do it, and I WILL.

I love to offer encouragement and motivation where I can.

Not "sad" you are here again. It's great you are here. It means you are trying to make yourself healthier ! All the best to you !!
  • cmorris30316
    Options
    jamesha100 wrote: »
    Well done. No matter how tall you are 40 pounds should be noticeable but remember you are doing it for you.

It can be awkward to comment on weight loss. Two years ago I lost 60 pounds (losing it again now :( ) and some people said later they did not comment as they thought I might be ill!

You are doing great - good luck with reaching your next milestone and, when you do, treat yourself to something you really want.

Thank you. And great you are back. You can do it again !!
  • cmorris30316
    Options
    debisjazz wrote: »

Thank you !! I'm chugging along.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I love this site and all the positive reinforcement. I am not getting any compliments or notice from anyone I know. I know sometimes you don't see it much on taller people. But I've lost 40 pounds and toned up ! I have 15 pounds to go to get to a major milestone loss. After that I want to lose 30 more ! Baby steps. I am loving my new high intensity work out class and yoga class too !

I hear you girl. I'm tall too and didn't get any notice until I lost 20lbs. It was disheartening at first, but I was taking progress pictures every week so I knew I was changing even when no one else noticed. Great job.
  • MzNeecie
    MzNeecie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Great job on the loss, and I wish you continued success. the best feeling for me doesn't come from others noticing my change but from me noticing and being excited that I did it for me. I hope you feel that way as well.
  • cmorris30316
    Options
    Congratulations! I am glad you are kicking butt :) Good luck in the future as well!

Thank you. I've got some health issues to deal with now and this has given me some confidence and peace of mind to be even healthier !!
  • cmorris30316
    Options
    MzNeecie wrote: »
    Great job on the loss, and I wish you continued success. the best feeling for me doesn't come from others noticing my change but from me noticing and being excited that I did it for me. I hope you feel that way as well.

Thank you ! Yes. I do it for me and my health, truly ! I didn't mean for it to sound like I care what people think, just that I was surprised nobody had noticed. I see the difference now that I am toning. And I feel better. I really appreciate the motivation here and encouragement from others because some of us don't get it in "real life" from friends or family.
  • cmorris30316
    Options

I hear you girl. I'm tall too and didn't get any notice until I lost 20lbs. It was disheartening at first, but I was taking progress pictures every week so I knew I was changing even when no one else noticed. Great job.[/quote]

Whoooo hoo! That's great. I know !!! I have been pulling selfies from my photo roll to plug into the dates on MFP when I lose a pound. I had never seen the split screen feature before - to check my first picture to current picture. I can really see it in my face now. I was discouraged that I wasn't losing there !

I keep telling everyone that this has really helped with tracking and keeping accountable!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!