Water intake

Options
Does water intake include drinks like: tea, coffee, diet minerals. I assume it doesn't apply to items like fruit juice, milk, milk based coffee as these all go under foods

Replies

• RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Fruit juice, dairy milk, plant milk, milk in coffee or tea, and other drinks with calories are better logged in the regular diary so you can keep track of how many calories you're consuming for the day.

I log non-calorie drinks like black tea and coffee in the regular part of the diary so I can see what I'm drinking -- you can't tell under water.

I log only water under water because I have marginal high blood pressure and drinking enough water seems to keep it in the normal range.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I don't usually log anything that doesn't have calories, but if you're keeping an eye on your water intake I think it's probably fine to include something like tea (with no milk or sweeteners), but I probably wouldn't include coffee.
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    It's water no matter where you log it.

If you are trying to aim for the widely debunked 2L (8 glasses) a day then a coffee would be part of that, it's still got water in it.

Don't get hung up on water intake though, we're all different so just monitor your hydration by the colour of your urine (light straw is the target).