Finally lost my first stone and I don't see a difference :(

Options
Slimmer_Amy
Slimmer_Amy Posts: 14 Member
I am really disheartened. I have lost a stone and I can't really tell. Will i notice a difference when i have lost my next 1.5 stone?

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by you lost a stone?
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options

It's a measurement of weight. . .

To the OP: consider posting pictures, perhaps we can see what you can't. Are your clothes feeling any looser?
  • heath1981
    heath1981 Posts: 2
    Options
    You may not have, but maybe other people have, I know the very first time I lost weight that it wasn't until I hit 2 stone that people really noticed, but then again at that point that was 25% of the weight I had to lose.

Give it time, keep at it you'll see it soon
  • GemUK84
    GemUK84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I first noticed a difference after a stone and a half but that was only cause i took pics of myself in my underwear and put them side by side. I've not lost 2 stone 2lbs and i can really see a difference in normal photos from nights out. Dont be disheartened, unfortunately it's normally us who notice our own weight loss last. Keep Going :-)
  • scotslass
    scotslass Posts: 317
    Options
    You wont see the difference but everyone else will, dont be hard on yourself thats a great weight loss!

A stone is 14lbs

Lynsey
  • bree231977
    bree231977 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think a stone is a British unit of weight measurement. I don't know what it equals, though
  • mrdavidjk
    mrdavidjk Posts: 105
    Options
    it depends where the weight has been lost from. if you lost it from around your face then you would definatley notice, but from your back or but or backs of legs you might not notice.
    try measuring your arms and legs also.

after my first stone no one noticed much, but after 2 stone people started commenting
  • run_momma_run
    Options
    Do you have pictures? I lost a stone and a half, and when I look at pictures side by side there is a BIG difference. Go search for some pictures so you can do a comparison that way.

And you probably notice that clothes are fitting better; and your measurements HAVE to be smaller. If you haven't already recorded your measurements, do it now!

Just keep going. There's a difference. Trust me!!
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options

14 pounds to a stone
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    1 stone = 14 pounds.

I didn't notice any change at all in my first 12-15 pounds. The next 15 made an incredible difference. Take photos at the same angle in the same clothes every few weeks. You might not see the change in the mirror, but it's happening.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

It's a measurement of weight. . .

To the OP: consider posting pictures, perhaps we can see what you can't. Are your clothes feeling any looser?

Oh, okay, I had another friend from England that said that. I was wondering.
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    i didnt really notice till i was a stone n a half but other ppl noticed it be4 me! dont let it make u give up, just keep going, u will c it, as long as the scale is going down ur doing the right thing, Well done on ur stone loss.x
  • emmadrama
    emmadrama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i've also just lost my first stone and was so euphoric when i stepped on the scales and since then the next two days have been like whats the point. i feel flabbier and bigger than i did a stone ago. not sure how with the amount of exercise. i.m hoping after 7 more pounds i'll see something. good luck to you!
  • kirstyfromscotland
    Options
    16 lbs, uk weigh in stones and pounds n there r 16 lbs in a stone.x
  • kirstyfromscotland
    Options
    oops i was meant 2 write 14 lbs in a stone! :bigsmile:
  • Dellie22
    Dellie22 Posts: 167
    Options

There are 14lb in a stone. 16oz in a lb
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've lost a stone too, but I'm not noticing looks wise anything different. I have noticed that clothes feel looser but thats about it.

I can only seem to feel things, rather than see things. I guess thats good in a way, but I hope I start to notice something soon.

I'm not trying to let that get to me though. I know things will start to change soon, so I'm not going to let it get me down.
  • Slimmer_Amy
    Options
    thanks guys, that made me feel better. I havent been taking photos :( but i will look to see if i can find good ones from days out on face book so i can try compare myself
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    None of my friends really noticed until I had lost 40 pounds. I was not saying anything. Too many times I had been on the band wagon and lost momentum or gained it all back. So I was several months into my makeover before I began to receive compliments, except from my family.
    Certainly you want to look good, but aren't you really doing this for yourself and your health?
  • Slimmer_Amy
    Options
    None of my friends really noticed until I had lost 40 pounds. I was not saying anything. Too many times I had been on the band wagon and lost momentum or gained it all back. So I was several months into my makeover before I began to receive compliments, except from my family.
    Certainly you want to look good, but aren't you really doing this for yourself and your health?

Yeah mainly for my health tbh. When I was deciding my first goal weight it was the weight that caused my bmi to be in the health band
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!