2»

Replies

• lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    madwells1 wrote: »
    lucys1225 wrote: »
    madwells1 wrote: »
    Chicken tikka - homemade in less than 10 minutes. Love the instant pot!!!

10zp0q4j44do.jpg

Do you have the recipe? Looks great!

So easy:

Saute briefly:

1 TBSP olive oil
    .5 to 1 C chopped Red onion (You can use yellow/white onions as well)
    1 chopped fresh jalapeno or fresh red chili pepper (depending on how spicy you want it)
    2-4 cloves chopped garlic
    1 inch fresh ginger minced

Throw in:

1 C chopped cilantro
    .5 to 1 C greek yogurt (plain...I usually just use 1 single serving Fage container)
    2 - 4 TBSP Garam Masala (see notes)*
    Cut up chicken breast (~1lb chunked)
    2 TBSP tomato sauce (I sometimes also throw in a cut up tomato as well--but it isn't needed)
    1 tsp kosher salt

Stir together. Set it on 10 minutes and voila.

I like my sauce a little thicker so sometimes I thicken it with something at the end after it's done, or reduce it a bit. Depending on how much water is released for your chicken you may not need to do this. It's all personal taste.

*For the garam masala, I usually use a combination of Shahi which comes in a box and you can find online or in some random stores, and some fresh garam masala that my friend makes for me because I am too lazy and she makes it all the time. I know they sell regular garam masala in the spice isle at regular groceries and that works too.

Thank you!
  • jessicagreen1828
    jessicagreen1828 Posts: 133 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    kevinf2380 wrote: »
    I use mine one or two times a month. I love using it for a shrimp boil, mac and cheese or to make french dip sandwiches. I haven't made too many healthy things with it. A couple amazing things I've made have been loaded baked potato and broccoli cheese soup. Definitely not healthy.

Oooo, I like French dip sandwhiches too!
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    It makes veggies really easy if you like them cooked. Green beans & chopped ham only takes a few minutes (I did that for xmas dinner). Turkey meatballs are really simple. You can pretty much saute any veggies, brown some meat, add some sauce (like pasta sauce or Indian curry sauce). I was hesitant to make chicken at first, but it turned out great! I'll have to try hard boiled eggs for sure, I can never get them easy to peel!!!