1 pound a week & 60 min a day workout (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• acarter86
    acarter86 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So did not get a workout in yesterday but I did do ok on calories. But I started today off right with 30 minutes of cardio!! So maybe I will be able to get in another 30 minutes tonight or maybe make it to Zumba. Hope everyone has a great day and good luck!
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I didn't get my work out in yesturday as I was getting evaluating by a Personal Trainer..... it not that bad, but the cute trainer wanted me to come back today to get started.... So 60 min or so coming my way this evening---- hope to get more in and maybe see him run..... lol :tongue:
  • vjhanson5
    vjhanson5 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wet dreary day in Iowa today, all my workouts will be inside today. Did 30 minutes on stationary bike and abs this morning and plan on walking (inside) for 40 minutes over lunch and then taking a rowing and strenth training class after work. Good work yesterday everyone and keep working for that Monday weigh in!
  • niebla
    niebla Posts: 71
    Options
    Today was quite hectic and I exercised a lot. I had my first chocolate cake thing since I started logging, I was amazed of how many calories it was!!! Over 400! Good job I burned so much anyway and was under my calorie goal.

walking dogs 10min 37 cal
    Mild stretching 12min 34 cal
    Turbofire 30min 343 cal
    Walking around the city 60min 204 cal
    Swimming laps, freestyle, light/moderate effort 30min 238 cal

Total: 90 min
    856 cal

Hope you are having a great day:) Let me know how you are doing!
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I planned on doing an hour of speed drills (fartleks) on the treadmill tonight, but think I was a little too ambitious. At 35 minutes, I was completely exhausted. I pushed it to 40 minutes, and then I was done! But, with a 40 minute work out and just slightly over my pre-exercise calorie count, I really can't complain. Still, thinking I better call tomorrow a rest day. I've been really pushing it this week.
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    60 minutes Kosama lower body workout under my belt today. Yoga tomorrow. Week 2 was harder than week 1 UUUGGGG.
    good luck
  • aLatz13
    aLatz13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym this morning. did 17 minutes of interval training on the elliptical and then proceeded to do the "Super Set plus Cardio" weight training circuit from Women's Health, but during the 3rd set of exercises I tweaked something in my lower back and decided it would be best to stop for the day.

half an hour of exercising total, 270 calories burned. Tomorrow I'm planning on doing another 4 mile run, assuming my back feels better :(
  • niebla
    Options
    Went to the gym this morning. did 17 minutes of interval training on the elliptical and then proceeded to do the "Super Set plus Cardio" weight training circuit from Women's Health, but during the 3rd set of exercises I tweaked something in my lower back and decided it would be best to stop for the day.

half an hour of exercising total, 270 calories burned. Tomorrow I'm planning on doing another 4 mile run, assuming my back feels better :(

I hope your back is OK!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm stressed and lack motivation today, but I'll do my best...
  • niebla
    Options
    I'm stressed and lack motivation today, but I'll do my best...

The best way to get rid of stress is exercising! And motivation will come after action. You can say to yourself "I will do it for 5 mins and then see it you want to carry on after. It's very likely that you will.
  • vjhanson5
    Options
    Got 35 minutes of cardio and abs in the morning so I'll be walking tonight with the husband to get it my other 25 minutes. Have a good weekend everyone and don't forget to keep logging....it'll be the most difficult for me anyway!
  • niebla
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    How did the day go?

Here is today's exercise:

Gardening, general 20min 90 cal
    Turbofine 55min 627 cal
    Swimming laps, freestyle, light/moderate effort 16min 126 cal
    Walking, 3.0 mph, mod. pace, walking dog 15min 56 cal

Daily Total 106 min
    899 cal

Turbofire was a killer today, I hope I won't ache too much tomorrow.

Have a great weekend but don't forget the challenge!
    Weigh in day is Monday!
  • onehecticmom
    Options

Keep us posted. Hope you feel better
  • onehecticmom
    Options
    60 minutes of yoga this morning... think I may take tomorrow off... we'll see.

Good luck
  • aLatz13
    aLatz13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Back was feeling much better today after a lot of ice and advil yesterday, so i went into the city to run along the river which was REALLY nice, did 4.3 miles at about 10 minutes per mile.

Last night i didnt do so well with the eating, my TOM is coming up and its making staying under calories VERY difficult because i'm hungry and grumpy all the time! We'll see what this does for my weigh-in on monday

Good luck everyone! keep up the good work!!!!
  • niebla
    Options
    Day 6:
    Daily Total 202 min!!!

Walking, 3.0 mph, mod. pace, walking dog 22min
    Gardening, general 30min
    Mild stretching 12min
    Kickboxing (including Turbo Jam) 30min
    Swimming laps, freestyle, light/moderate effort 18min
    Running (jogging), 7 mph (8.5 min mile) 20min
    Walking, 3.0 mph, mod. pace, walking dog 40min
    Walking, 3.5 mph, uphill 30min

A record for me, but I ate a lot too, but didn't go over thanks to the exercise.
    I want it to be Monday to see how well I've done!

How is everyone doing? I hope you are enjoying their weekend
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm baaacccckkk! It looks like everyone has been doing really well. Unfortunately, Wed. my knee began to hurt on the treadmill and lasted through most of the weekend. I was able to get a 30 minute walk in on Thursday but after my knee began to hurt from that I thought it'd be best to take a few days off. So Friday and Saturday I didn't work out, though I tried to stay somewhat active and spend time outdoors. Today I did 50 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes of stretching and everything seemed fine. So tomorrow I'll be back to my normal routine with a few added exercises to strengthen my hips (My PT told me years ago this was the problem with my knees).

Weigh in tomorrow. (O geesh I'm nervous. I didn't eat the best this weekend since I was at the hands of what my family cooked for me).

Have a good night!

Nicole
  • onehecticmom
    Options
    I was going to rest today, but ended up walking for 80 minutes... will do another walk tonight. Forgot to return some library books, so may as well walk there & back
  • vjhanson5
    Options
    Weekends almost over already, hard to believe and we have a weight in tomorrow! Hope today's workout pays off....did 45 minutes rowing and 45 minutes strength trainging.
  • niebla
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    It is Monday morning so here is comes:

07/31/11 151.5 Lb (68.7kg)
    08/01/11 150.1 Lb (68.1 kg)

I lost a bit more than a pound so I completed the first week of the challenge. I am happy about it.

How did you partners in loss do?

Happy Monday!
    Veronica