snek

Options

Replies

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Quick note:

z8vh5czyzfd7.jpg

Also, how can you hate snakes or be afraid of them when they look like this?:

jbzep3zidd8g.jpg

Pretty sure there is only one poisonous snake in the world. In china I believe, and they are poisonous because they eat poisonous frogs.

That's why I say that America has just as many poisonous snakes as Australia, when people talk about Australia being snake filled.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Quick note:

z8vh5czyzfd7.jpg

jbzep3zidd8g.jpg

Pretty sure there is only one poisonous snake in the world. In china I believe, and they are poisonous because they eat poisonous frogs.

That's why I say that America has just as many poisonous snakes as Australia, when people talk about Australia being snake filled.

You mean this guy, correct? They're pretty neat. They had an exhibit about them when lived in Japan. :smiley:

blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketscience/2008/10/13/the-snake-that-eats-toads-to-steal-their-poison/#.Waifssu0mpo

Doesn't change the fact that most people use both terms interchangeably even though they mean different things.
    However, if you construed that I was calling you out, I wasn't. It was just a general PSA because people often use the terms interchangeably and incorrectly.

As to Australia: Never been there, but would like to. Snakes don't bother me.
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Quick note:

z8vh5czyzfd7.jpg

jbzep3zidd8g.jpg

I keep checking back to this thread just to laugh at the photo! (judgemental shoelace) - not sure why but, it made my night!

Anyway.. on the subject of snakes!

They don't bother me, I grew up with several pet snakes - my ex kept the last one that I had, the kids love him and he's a great pet!

In England, the worst you're gonna get is bitten by an adder and quite frankly - that really isn't all that bad!

If I lived in Australia - I'd likely think different!
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I would burn the whole *kitten* house down. I may or may not survive because I am kind of spry, but may be frozen in fear.
    I also hate you for this thread and all photos

Do you hate the photos in this thread more than the ice cream gif?
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    It's art
  • BeachHot23
    BeachHot23 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    I would burn the whole *kitten* house down. I may or may not survive because I am kind of spry, but may be frozen in fear.
    I also hate you for this thread and all photos

Do you hate the photos in this thread more than the ice cream gif?

Yes. Sick, isn't it?

Totes

SEELDos.png

That is horrifying
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    It's art

Ohhhhh. I thought it was nightmare fuel

That wont happen until I figure out how to edit the two gifs together.
  • Merkavar
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Quick note:

z8vh5czyzfd7.jpg

jbzep3zidd8g.jpg

You mean this guy, correct? They're pretty neat. They had an exhibit about them when lived in Japan. :smiley:

blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketscience/2008/10/13/the-snake-that-eats-toads-to-steal-their-poison/#.Waifssu0mpo

Doesn't change the fact that most people use both terms interchangeably even though they mean different things.
    However, if you construed that I was calling you out, I wasn't. It was just a general PSA because people often use the terms interchangeably and incorrectly.

As to Australia: Never been there, but would like to. Snakes don't bother me.

Ha ha nope, didn't think you were calling me out, just adding like my only poison vs venomous fun fact.

People say snakes aren't poisonous, that they are venomous but there is alway one sneaky snake that has to be an exception to the rule :tongue:
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    back home we had corn snakes. the little ones then we moved away and we thought we where going to get small ones again they turned out to be big ones. ewe gross. I never held them. I like pet snakes but wild ones scare me. so to answer your question I would be screaming bloody murder. but what do you do if walk into the bathroom open the lid on the toilet bowl and ones sitting in there. that thought has caused me nightmares in the past
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    yd60rrk0djtn.gif
  • Just_Mel_
    Options
    11cfcs1y56x3.gif
  • Merkavar
    Options
    yd60rrk0djtn.gif

I'm a schneaky schnake?
  • Just_Mel_
    Options
    11cfcs1y56x3.gif

ah memories

I knew you'd appreciate this one.
  • boredloser
    boredloser Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Feed snek. Get snek drunk with me. Have a good time. Become friend with snek. Date snek. Marry snek. Snek kills me.

Guess I wouldn't survive.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    back home we had corn snakes. the little ones then we moved away and we thought we where going to get small ones again they turned out to be big ones. ewe gross. I never held them. I like pet snakes but wild ones scare me. so to answer your question I would be screaming bloody murder. but what do you do if walk into the bathroom open the lid on the toilet bowl and ones sitting in there. that thought has caused me nightmares in the past
    At least you could run away fast.
    But, what about if you're sitting down on the toilet, taking a poop, and one comes up from the bowl and bites you? That gives me nightmares. :/
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    HyeKarma wrote: »
    At least you could run away fast.
    But, what about if you're sitting down on the toilet, taking a poop, and one comes up from the bowl and bites you? That gives me nightmares. :/

see that what scares me when the unknown I don't like surprises at least not like this.
    ps I forget how to post pics

QBsBvp

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    49h5cveoyc27.jpg
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    49h5cveoyc27.jpg

After this pic, I think I could love snakes.

But how the heck did they get the snake inside the sweater?