What's your favoirte healthy Chicken Breast recipe?

Options
2»

Replies

• Debi907
    Debi907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great recipes on here! I'll have to try a few.
    I'm cooking for 5 so I saute five chicken breasts in a little canola oil, sprinkle with pepper. Brown on both sides for about 5 minutes & then remove from skillet. Add a medium sliced onion to the skillet & cook until softened (about 3 minutes) & then add 2-3 peeled, cored & sliced apples and cook for an addtl 2 minutes. Throw the chicken back in the pan & add 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar & 3/4 cup apple cider. Simmer about 5 more minutes, until chicken is cooked & liquid has been reduced. Yummy served with brown rice & veggies. Dang, now I'm hungry.
  • hotsalsabunny
    Options
    I won't take credit for this recipe. I found it on here a while ago and absolutely love it.

CHICKEN TACOS
    6oz boneless, skinless chicken
    1/2 can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles
    1 tsp of taco seasoning
    Low-fat cheese
    Low-carb tortilla(s)

Place chicken, rotel and taco seasoning in a frying pan, cover with lid and cook until chicken is done and all juices are gone.
    Place on low-carb tortilla(s) and top with cheese.
  • neekzmom
    neekzmom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oprah's Chicken.........Just take your boneless chicken breast,dip it in water to coat real good. Then roll the breast in a mixture of Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Bake uncovered at 375' until golden brown. Moist and delicious! Only need to bake it about 30-45 minutes.
  • morningmom
    morningmom Posts: 100
    Options
    Easy, quick and healthy! I found this on here. I think it's a bit high in sodium, though, so, drink lots of water!

Creamy Crockpot Chicken

1lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (I put mine in frozen)
    1/2 cup of salsa
    1 bag frozen sweet corn (or canned)
    1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
    1 can of Rotel Tomatoes with Green Chilies
    Chili Powder
    Pepper
    1/2 block of cream cheese (I use 1/3 fat free)
    1 small onion diced

Put chicken in crock pot and cover with all ingredients except for cream cheese.
    Add in chili powder and pepper to taste.Add more later if needed.
    Cook for 3-4 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.
    When done,shred the chicken and stir it all together. Add block of cream cheese on top until melted, about 20-30 minutes.

Serve over rice or in tortillas as tacos/burritos.
    I usually top it with some shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes.

Makes 6 Servings.
    181 Calories per serving 24 Carbs 2 Fat 17 Protein 5 Fiber
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Chicken Picatta (I can eat this several times a week its so good!!)

I will use the names of the brands I used and entered here on MFP that I came up with the cals and fat

Serves 4

4 (Generic) Boneless skinless chicken breasts (I cut 2 large ones into 4 pieces) 4 oz each

3T (Great Value) All Purpose flour (I calculated the recipe with 2 T because there was a T left over when I got done coating the chicken breasts that went in the garbage, but use 3 so you have enough that the breasts get coated)

salt and pepper (to taste, well don't taste the flour lol but just what you think, I used 1/2 t. salt 1/4 t pepper)

1 t (country crock) margarine

2 t (great value) extra virgin olive oil

1 T (great value) minced garlic, the stuff in the jar or you can use 2 cloves fresh

3/4 c (great value) chicken broth

1 T fresh lemon juice

1 T (Mezzetta - Non-Pareil) capers, drained

2 T minced fresh parsley

Pat chicken breasts dry, pound flat so they are all around the same thickness, around 1/2 inch. Mix flour, salt and pepper, RESERVE 1 T to the side for the sauce. Dredge chicken breasts in remaining flour mixture. In med/large pan heat oil and butter, place chicken breasts in heated pan. Cook 5 mins each side on MEDIUM heat (if your heat is too high, the oil and butter will burn up too quickly, and burn your chicken) They should be golden brown on both sides, add an additional min or 2 if they are not. Set chicken aside once browned. In same pan, add garlic, cook 1 min, then add reserved 1 T flour mixture, cook 1 more min. Add and whisk chicken broth and lemon juice, cook 2 mins or until slightly thickened. Stir in capers and parsley (mash the capers with whisk if desired). Serve chicken with 1/4 c. sauce. YUM!! ENJOY!

166 cals
    4g carb
    5g fat
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I like to cut the chicken into cubes, and coat with Franks Hot Sauce, put it on skewers and grill. Yum! Almost as good as hot wings!