When will people recognise my weight loss

Options
How many kilos will it take for the world to see that I'm losing weight? The scale is showing yea I myself know but people are not noticing any difference. Even when I ask "did I lose weight" They reply with "No you look the same" . That's so annoying. Bruhh

Replies

• Mkneedtogetfit
    Mkneedtogetfit Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I lost 24kg and dropped 2 dress sizes and now ppl say u look well what have you done lol
  • umamageswary52
    umamageswary52 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I lost 24kg and dropped 2 dress sizes and now ppl say u look well what have you done lol

It takes 24kg for them to realise ?
  • umamageswary52
    Options
    Girl I train with at the gym did the cautious approach: "that top makes you look thin" I thought it was brilliant and I'll use that one myself when I'm unsure.
    The people you see most days most likely won't notice, or won't be able to work out what has changed. To them it will be, " oh that's a nice outfit makes her look great".

Thank you
  • umamageswary52
    Options
    It depends from person-to-person as genetics dictate where you will lose weight from and it may not always be apparent, especially if you have a lot to lose, people who see you everyday may not notice much change at all for a long time, in much the same way that when we gain weight we don't really notice a day-to-day change.

Take some progress pictures for yourself, you will then be able to see the change and that is what matters.

My advice is stop worrying about what other people think of you, focus on the results you want for you, not for them.

Got it . Will do thank you
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    It depends on how overweight you were, I was 20lbs overweight and it took me losing almost 10lbs before anyone commented.
  • umamageswary52
    Options
    It depends on how overweight you were, I was 20lbs overweight and it took me losing almost 10lbs before anyone commented.

I'm 105kg
  • kdonnelly78
    kdonnelly78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started at 125 kg. About the time I lost 10 kg, I didn't notice any loss myself when looking in the mirror but I had 2 people at work notice my face looked thinner (less bloated I suppose). One of my coworkers asked if I was losing weight and I responded yes. Then he said "on purpose?", oh well I suppose he was concerned I was ill or something. Was still odd.
  • narspips
    narspips Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12lbs so far, from about 154. No-one has noticed yet and tbh I think I still look the same, though some of my clothes feel looser. I think it's just because I wasn't that overweight to begin with, so the difference will take a while to show.

I still have around 20lbs left - and while I don't care what others think, it would be nice to think someone might notice before I get to that point ;)
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I started at 125 kg. About the time I lost 10 kg, I didn't notice any loss myself when looking in the mirror but I had 2 people at work notice my face looked thinner (less bloated I suppose). One of my coworkers asked if I was losing weight and I responded yes. Then he said "on purpose?", oh well I suppose he was concerned I was ill or something. Was still odd.

Someone I haven't seen in a while did that to me. I've been so happy about my weight loss. This person mentioned I'd lost a lot of weight and asked with a concerned face if it was "for health reasons." She was asking if I was seriously ill or dying.

Yes, I lost it for health reasons -- because I was fat and didn't want to drop dead from a heart attack.

To the OP, they'll say something eventually, and besides saying you look great you might get some really weird remarks.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    It took 20 lbs for me to see a visible difference in side by side photos of me. Not a huge difference though. No one commented on my loss.
    My dh lost almost 30 lbs and I didn't really notice before that point. It was a difference but he didn't look dramatically different.

Some things to ponder:
    Do you look different to yourself? Do you feel different? Do you like how you are looking and feeling?
    Are you losing weight for outside validation or attention? Is it worth losing weight if no one rewards you?