How DO YOU do it

Options
I'm stuck. How do you motivate yourself and stay motivated ?

Replies

• Bubbaistrying
    Bubbaistrying Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You need an accountability partner. Add me if you want. :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I didn't stay motivated every single day. I had days where I just didn't care, much like I have days where I just don't clean and I let the weeds live another day. But I made sure those days were occasional rather than frequent.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Someone asked me a very simple question years ago, I still repeat it when I find myself "stuck".

How do you expect to change, if you don't change?

That's it, you have to change yourself, your habits, your lifestyle, if you want to change

For me, eat fewer calories, eat nutrious food that correlates with my goals, and supplement with exercize.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I have mini goals that I want to meet. My newest goal is hiking in Algonquin in October. So I know I need to keep working out and building up endurance. I starting climbing the stairs up the mountain here to strengthen my legs. Long term goal is hiking Banff in July next year. I find these keep me motivated.
  • Andy10725
    Andy10725 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just one small step at a time. I don't need to run, I can just walk. If that's too much, I'll just put on my shoes. Now that I have my shoes on, might as well walk. Since I am sweating fro. Walking, might as well run. Things are much more doable when it's been broken down to the tiniest steps.
  • JeannetteAsh
    JeannetteAsh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the feed back. <3
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Someone asked me a very simple question years ago, I still repeat it when I find myself "stuck".

How do you expect to change, if you don't change?

That's it, you have to change yourself, your habits, your lifestyle, if you want to change

For me, eat fewer calories, eat nutrious food that correlates with my goals, and supplement with exercize.

This ^^
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Covet succeeding friends. One of my friends today announced she'd reached her goal of 180 lb, losing over 300 lb from a starting weight of 502. One of my others is still losing, having lost more than 400. One of my others is maintaining after losing 200, and carefully feeding and working his old muscles to build them more and more.

If they can do all that, I can surely do my piddly little goal of 112 lb lost.

By the way, today, I ain't succeeding.