Day 1 and taking it 1 day at a time

Options
So today is September 1st and I'm going to LA for New Years....I'm challenging myself to lose 30lbs by January 1! Starting weight 190 do anyone have any advice on what to start off doing?

Replies

• scoobytaylor1
    scoobytaylor1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Use a scale to weigh all your food.
  • Reddsnoop
    Reddsnoop Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok will do:) I've logged my food for today and it said I didn't eat enough!! So I need to get better with my snacks between meals
  • scoobytaylor1
    scoobytaylor1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was quite surprised when I started weighing my food, what I thought I ate calorie wise wasn,t even close to what I actually was eating. It may be a pain to record everything but it becomes part of your routine and it will open your eyes and make you think about what your eating (at least it did for me). Don't under eat on a regular basis, your body needs fuel to function properly.

Don't get down on yourself if you falter, just pick yourself back up and say that your worth it, do this for yourself not for anyone else.
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Drink three litres (12 regular size glasses) of water daily.)
    Add a little lemon juice if you don't like plain water.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Reddsnoop wrote: »
    Ok will do:) I've logged my food for today and it said I didn't eat enough!! So I need to get better with my snacks between meals

Most likely you didn't log enough. I would focus on logging correctly (get that food scale), and maybe you don't need snacks.
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Cut out processed food eat whole foods
  • murphyd943
    murphyd943 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You may know this already but try not to eat so late possibly around 6-7 pm
  • lmcknight7
    lmcknight7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I set a time for every 2.5 hours to eat a meal then a snack etc....helped shrinked my intake
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Would love to connect as friends!!