Starting university wanting to get fit!

Hi I'm a student in the UK about to begin university looking to cut out the crap and eat better as I know I'll be going out, drinking, partying, during freshers and I want to keep the bad food to a minimum.

I've struggled a bit with body image in the past and partook in some pretty disordered eating habits so I'm looking to do this healthily and love myself whilst doing it! ❤️

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,900 Member
    YashAroraa wrote: »
    Hi I'm a student in the UK about to begin university looking to cut out the crap and eat better as I know I'll be going out, drinking, partying, during freshers and I want to keep the bad food to a minimum.

I've struggled a bit with body image in the past and partook in some pretty disordered eating habits so I'm looking to do this healthily and love myself whilst doing it! ❤️
    Lol, so you want to eat better so you can party harder and not suffer the consequences?
    How about just going to party's and not worrying about drinking?
    If you want to get fit, then you need to have a plan of reasonable eating and a decent exercise routine. Start there first.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• YashAroraa
    YashAroraa Posts: 4 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    YashAroraa wrote: »

Lol, so you want to eat better so you can party harder and not suffer the consequences?
    How about just going to party's and not worrying about drinking?
    If you want to get fit, then you need to have a plan of reasonable eating and a decent exercise routine. Start there first.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

What no? That's not why I want to get fit what the hell? I don't even drink that much I'm a huge lightweight. I just meant that naturally as a student I will inevitably be going out and also, it's never a bad thing to want to be healthier. If you read the second part of my post I mentioned loving myself as one of my goals as well. I do feel like you took what I said completely out of context so thanks for that lmao.
  • YashAroraa
    YashAroraa Posts: 4 Member
    susanayt97 wrote: »
    Totally got you! First year of college I went from eating McDonald's 5 times a year to once a week, almost! I am now trying to fix it the right way, I have taken the starvation road before and in the end it all came back because I didn't learn how to eat. But MFP is great, learned so much already, and so will you :)

Thanks for the encouraging response ☺️
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 404 Member
    edited September 2017
    Just put one foot in front of the other and keep going.
    This journey is lots of little changes over a lifetime.
    You have made the decision. That's a big step.
    Log your food. Consider your food choices and start moving.
    Stay positive. If you have a bad day then just start over.

You have your whole life ahead of you love.
    Good luck.