Feelings after missing a day workout

Options
Hi friends,
First of all feel free to be friend
Sharing my views, you too can
This is the worst feeling after missing a day workout and nothing can recover the loss that occurred.
What will be impact of it, any idea??

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I don't miss workouts very often. I do plan rest days (2-3 per week) though, as I believe they're important.
  • nikkipoooo
    nikkipoooo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am prone to anxiety or guilt over "missed workouts", so in order to prevent those feelings (because they usually aren't productive or motivating for me), I don't actually plan specific workout days. Instead I make it my goal to have a set number of workouts in a week. That way if I have a migraine on Wednesday, or something comes up on Monday I don't feel like I've skipped. I just get happy when I hit my goal number of workouts. If I don't hit my goal then I think about why, whether I could do anything to improve for the next week... did I have a really busy week and there just wasn't time? Was I not feeling well? Was I just being lazy? If I'm having this happen over and over, then am I setting my goal too high?
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I also take about 3 rest days during the week. When I miss one, I try to make sure I exceed my 10,000 daily step goal
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I do hate it when I don't work out, even when it's good for me not to. I try to keep busy. Sunday I cleaned my parents' shower.
  • SpirituallyBlonde
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Your body will get some much-needed rest.

You don't make gains without healing.

That makes me feel so much better - hadn't thought of that
  • SpirituallyBlonde
    Options
    nikkipoooo wrote: »
    I am prone to anxiety or guilt over "missed workouts", so in order to prevent those feelings (because they usually aren't productive or motivating for me), I don't actually plan specific workout days. Instead I make it my goal to have a set number of workouts in a week. That way if I have a migraine on Wednesday, or something comes up on Monday I don't feel like I've skipped. I just get happy when I hit my goal number of workouts. If I don't hit my goal then I think about why, whether I could do anything to improve for the next week... did I have a really busy week and there just wasn't time? Was I not feeling well? Was I just being lazy? If I'm having this happen over and over, then am I setting my goal too high?

That's a really good way to look at it :)
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Some days i feel *kitten* about not walking alot or working out, But lately iv become more okay with it. It kicks *kitten* sitting in bed doing nothing now. Whats the difference between now and before? I know im set in my ways, Im active and happy and healthy now. I put in my work and i came out on top, And im sure i wont backtrack. Aslong as i have more days where im active why wouldnt i enjoy resting and binge watching tv every now and then.

Its unhealthy to let your happiness level depend on your working out or not. Yes, Work out to feel good, But dont let that be the only factor. Relaxation is just as important in a long term sustainable enjoyable lifestyle.
  • 26DEEP91
    26DEEP91 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    thanks for your reply friends
    it really helped
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    26DEEP91 wrote: »
    Hi friends,
    First of all feel free to be friend
    Sharing my views, you too can
    This is the worst feeling after missing a day workout and nothing can recover the loss that occurred.
    What will be impact of it, any idea??

I've been a regular exerciser for 9 years now...in the grand scheme of things, it's pretty much irrelevant to miss a workout...it's going to happen, that's life. You don't gain any meaningful fitness with one workout and you don't lose it either. There's always going to be things...busy schedule, injury, illness, etc.

The body also requires rest and recovery...without it, you hinder your progress. I also keep my exercise schedule fluid and flexible. I'm busy and a rigid schedule just isn't going to work. And then there's weeks like this week where I probably won't get any meaningful exercise in as my wife is out of town on business and I'm shutting my boys around to two different schools, different soccer practices, and my oldest has 3 matches this week and there's simply not going to be anytime for me to workout and tend to everything else that needs tending to. That's fine...big picture, a week in relation to years is pretty meaningless.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    its just a day.

relax.

truly, you (quite possibly) should not be working out EVERY day to begin with, especially if they are intense workouts. Your body and muscles need time to rest and repair.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I love that OP has apparently been ruminating about the replies he got for the past four years. I'm glad you're doing well, OP.

i didnt even notice that LMAO

i really hope he didnt fall into a major depression that took 4 years to overcome over one missed workout. :D:p

OP - please dont take any offense , im just giving you a hard time- i truly am harmless and never mean ill will lol
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,620 Member
    Options
    I think it's helpful to look at it as a flow rather than strictly breaking diet and exercise into 24 hour increments. Our body does not automatically reset to zero just because the clock passed midnight. We're not Cinderella. So, whether it be calories or a workout, it's simply an energy flow that's happening constantly. Workouts are great, but your body doesn't really care *when* they happen.