Sober September 2017

Options

Replies

• PurpleLavender77
    PurpleLavender77 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    I made it through August. Will try September. Sunday evening is a big party. Will be hard.

You can do this :)
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm heading to the lake to visit my dad this weekend and it will definitely be a challenge. Stay strong!
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Just water at family dinner tonight. Good choice because my sinuses are killing me. Good to stay hydrated.
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - done! Prepping dinner is definitely my trigger...I like to drink wine while I cook. Today I had lemon-lime seltzer instead. I think I need to drink something a little more special to replace my wine ritual...something nonalcoholic reserved for when I start cooking in the evening.
  • wolfruhn
    wolfruhn Posts: 3,025 Member
    Options
    I'm in! No alcohol yesterday first day done. Let's go for our goal everyone
  • PurpleLavender77
    Options
    snowyne wrote: »
    Day 1 - done! Prepping dinner is definitely my trigger...I like to drink wine while I cook. Today I had lemon-lime seltzer instead. I think I need to drink something a little more special to replace my wine ritual...something nonalcoholic reserved for when I start cooking in the evening.

This is a great idea. Sometimes, I have sparkling water in a wine glass at night just to have something "fancy." The more days/nights I go without, the easier it is. It also helps having these threads and seeing and knowing that other people are out there that want to make changes as well.
  • PurpleLavender77
    Options
    FredKing1 wrote: »
    I'm still on the moderate/abstain debate. Starting my second month of abstention.

Which way are you leaning Fred? I think either option works. You just have to figure out what works for you.

I'm leaning towards abstaining myself. I have been trying to moderate the past five years, but not happy with how that's been working for me.
  • theclaw900
    theclaw900 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    FredKing1 wrote: »
    I'm still on the moderate/abstain debate. Starting my second month of abstention.

Which way are you leaning Fred? I think either option works. You just have to figure out what works for you.

I'm leaning towards abstaining myself. I have been trying to moderate the past five years, but not happy with how that's been working for me.

I'm the same way, tried moderating. There's too much gray area involved. What's moderating? It's different for different people.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I don't do well on moderation. Wine is definitely a trigger drink. I can have 1.5 oz scotch a night no sweat. But miss the wine. Made it through last night with 2 diet cokes.

Tomorrow night at a big group party a friend asked me to be a "wine stewardess" and serve wine. Really?? I said yes and now that challenge has gotten a lot bigger. Club soda and lime might help....