Smoke and lift?

Options
Has anyone tried lifting after they smoked up?
Whats it like?

Replies

• KylaBlaze
    KylaBlaze Posts: 136 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I do it all the time before cardio/lifting (eating, not smoking (I love my lungs)). I feel more focused and can really concentrate, but obviously it depends on your choice of smoke too!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I lift with purpose and a goal, so no. Maybe if I lifted just to say I lift or because I was a curlbro.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i don't use it, but my distant memories of what it was like [for me] make me think that it can't be too safe.

i worked in once with someone who left a skunkweed aura hovering around the bar every time we switched things back up. it was a pain in the neck watching him slowly thinking his way through the plate changes and stuff. mind you, i hate being around stoned people possibly even more than i hate being around drunks, so there's that to my thoughts about it.

i'd say have friends around if you're going to do it. and the christopher walken in me wants to say get out of the public gyms too. no reason for anything that does go wrong to disrupt the workouts for anyone else.
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I recently did but only because I still had a lingering high after my nap. It was 50/50. Some exercises I did went better than others because I could just focus on motor patterns and it was kind of rhythmic and calming. Ex: hyperextensions. I was also a bit less nervous moving new weight than I normally am. However, I was kind of a space cadet and did mildly stupid things. But yeah some exercises are fun-ish to do post tokes but I wouldn't do anything like heavy squats XD
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,799 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

8. Posts Must Abide By All Legal Statutes
    a) Do not post messages that violate federal, state/provincial, or local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or is bound by NDA (non-disclosure agreement).
    b) Posts which promote or encourage illegal activities, including, but not limited to, use of illegal substances, violence against others, and procurement of prescription drugs without a prescription, are prohibited.
    c) Images containing hateful or violent imagery, depiction of illegal activities, or copyrighted material are not allowed and will be removed.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Sugar
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.